By Heidi J. Ellsworth, RCS Partner
Membership, seminars, and fun; join us in booth #130 at the 2019 FRSA Show July 17-19, 2019
RoofersCoffeeShop® will be joining many great manufacturers, distributors and associations as they share new ideas and ongoing promotions with Florida roofing contractors. FRSA proudly hosts one of the largest regional roofing shows in the country. Roofing contractors will experience over 220 exhibiting companies showcasing the latest products and services, making this show a vital part of the success of any roofing or sheet metal contractor’s business.
The Expo is located at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center and features daily cash prizes, a Silent Auction, and special events in the Lounge. As always, the Expo is FREE for all roofing professionals who want to gain a competitive advantage by exploring the latest and greatest in the industry!
If you have not signed up or if you are already planning on attending the show here are some “must attend” activities:
- FRSA’s Welcome Reception - sponsored by CertainTeed Corp. - Wednesday, July 17 - 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm at Wreckers Sports Bar
- FRSA Affiliate Competition - Wednesday, July 17 - 7:00 pm – 7:30 pm - Who knows the most about roofing? Join the affiliates immediately following the Welcome Reception as the FRSA Affiliates battle it out to see who is the roofing trivia master!
- National Women in Roofing Networking Breakfast - Thursday, July 18 - 9:00 am – 11:00 am - Join Michelle Boykin, Rackley Roofing, NWIR Executive Council Treasurer, and me, Heidi J. Ellsworth, RoofersCoffeeShop and NWIR Past Chairwoman, as we discuss National Women in Roofing's pilot program with Purple Purse.
- Business Luncheon - Thursday, July 18 - 11:15 am – 12:30 pm - Elections for new FRSA Officers and Directors will be held, Life and Honorary Memberships and important industry awards will be presented, and the FRSA Educational Foundation will award scholarships to uniquely qualified students.
- Silent Auction – A don’t miss during the expo on Thursday and Friday - Place the highest bid in FRSA’s Silent Auction to win an RCS classified package, great getaway vacations, sporting event tickets, unique baskets and, of course, roofing products. All proceeds benefit the FRSA Educational and Research Foundation.
- FRSA Beer Busts – sponsored by GAF - Thursday, July 18 – 2:00 pm and Friday, July 19 – 12:00 pm - Networking can make you thirsty! Stop by the Lounge area on the Expo floor for a cold beer.
- FRSA Young Professionals Networking - sponsored by Sales Transformation Group Inc - Thursday, July 18 - 2:00 pm - This is the place to be for roofing professionals ages 18-39! Gather with the FRSA Young Professionals in the lounge area on the Expo floor for networking, a chance to learn more about the Young Professionals Council, and a fun giveaway!
- FRSA Officer Installation and S.T.A.R. “Spotlight Trophy for the Advancement of Roofing” Awards Dinner -
Thursday, July 18 - 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm - Join us as we celebrate the incredible work of Florida roofing contractors at this important industry event. And be sure to stay around for the S.T.A.R. Awards After-Party, the real celebration kicks off after the last award is given out
And even before the convention starts, you may want to consider fun activities that support the FRSA Educational Foundation:
- Fishing Tournament - Wednesday, July 17 - 6:30 am – 2:00 pm - Sunrise Marina, Port Canaveral
- Golf Tournament - Wednesday, July 17 - 8:00 am – 1:00 pm - Celebration Golf Club, Kissimmee
- Clay Shooting Tournament - Wednesday, July 17 - 10:00 am – 1:00 pm - Tenoroc Shooting Range, Lakeland
- Pistol Shooting Tournament - Wednesday, July 17 - 10:00 am – 1:00 pm - Tenoroc Shooting Range, Lakeland
And then, there are the educational seminars. We are not listing all of them but did want to point out some of our RCS partner seminars, not to mention our RCS Editor and Partner, Karen Edwards and myself speaking during the convention.
- NRCA For Foremen Only Level 1 / 8:00 am – 5:00 pm / Amy
- NRCA For Foremen Only Level 2 / 8:00 am – 5:00 pm / Tom Shanahan, CAE
- Seminar #3 / 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Ethics in Construction Trent Cotney & Dan Auerbach
- Seminar #5 / 7:00 am – 8:00 am The Legal Aspects of Construction Licensing / Tray Batcher & Rachel Clark
- Seminar #8 / 8:10 am – 9:10 am OSHA Updates for the Construction Industry / Trent Cotney & Tray Batcher
- Seminar #10 / 9:20 am – 10:20 am Wage & Hour: Potential Pitfalls / Ben Briggs
- Seminar #15 / 8:10 am – 9:10 am Developing Marketing Plans – An Interactive Class / Karen Edwards & Heidi Ellsworth
- Seminar #17 / 9:20 am – 10:20 am OSHA Updates for the Construction Industry Trent Cotney & Tray Batcher
FRSA 25 Square Challenge
Join in the FRSA 25 Square Challenge and win big! Attendees will receive a game card when entering the Expo. Simply visit RoofersCoffeeShop® at Booth #130 to collect your stamp, along with all the sponsored booths and turn in your completed card for a chance to win cash prizes. Stamps can be collected on Thursday and/or Friday; winners (18 years or older) will be selected on Friday and must be present to win.
Be sure to visit the whole RCS team at the RoofersCoffeeShop® Booth #130 and our partners below:
- A.C.T. Metal Deck Supply - www.metaldecksupply.com Booth: 527
- Beacon Roofing Supply - www.beaconroofingsupply.com Booths: 235, 237, 334, 336
- BITEC Inc - www.bi-tec.com Booths: 830, 832
- CertainTeed Corp - www.certainteed.com Booths: 931, 933, 1030, 1032
- Cotney Construction Law - www.cotneycl.com Booths: 209, 211
- DECRA Metal Roofing - www.decra.com Booth: 733
- Duro-Last Roofing - www.duro-last.com Booths: 925, 927
- EagleView Technologies Inc - www.eagleview.com Booth: 525
- FiberTite - www.fibertite.com Booths: 519, 521
- FRSA - www.floridaroof.com Booths: 227, 229, 231, 326, 328, 330
- GAF - www.gaf.com Booths: 705, 707, 804, 806
- IB Roof Systems - www.ibroof.com Booths: 1004, 1006
- IKO - www.iko.com Booths: 325, 327, 424, 426
- Jobba Trade Technologies - www.jobba.com Booth: 122
- KARNAK Corp - www.karnakcorp.com Booth: 840
- National Roofing Contractors Association - www.nrca.net Booth: 941
- National Women in Roofing - www.nationalwomeninroofing.org Booth: 132
- Roof Hugger LLC - www.roofhugger.com Booth: 837
- SOPREMA - www.soprema.us Booths: 100, 102
- Stormseal USA LLC - www.stormseal.com Booth: 127
- Surefire Local - www.surefirelocal.com Booth: 135
- Tremco Roofing & Building Maintenance - www.tremcoroofing.com Booth: 130
- USG Securock® - www.usg.com Booth: 822
Register now for all the fun. For all the details visit the FRSA convention site here. See you in Orlando.