English
English
Español
Français

User Access

RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
USG - Sidebar - Fire
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Hey, everyone sign in here

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Tropical Roofer

I'm from New Jersey . . . . but I've been living in the Florida Keys for 28 years.

August 21, 2013 at 4:37 p.m.

Old School

Tropical, are you from the tropics and if so where. Welcome!

August 20, 2013 at 10:12 p.m.

Tropical Roofer

I'm here. It's been a while but I'm back.

August 15, 2013 at 7:55 p.m.

Old School

There are about 5 new posters here that haven't told us where they are from. 4 more viewers and we will be over 20,000. We can do this guys.

August 9, 2013 at 5:52 p.m.

Old School

Boy, that makes all the difference when you don't have to worry about drying it in at night or worrying about a rain storm while you are working on it. Still, that is really good production for 9 weeks. we like to do the hard ones too. It kind of separates us from the pack, and besides, there are just some things that the average person can't do. why bid and fight if you don't have to!

August 9, 2013 at 5:34 p.m.

Mike H

Yes, the Crookston clan is some fine people. By any standard.

Depended on the stage of the project as to how many were on it. 18 at it's peak.

Started with an asbestos crew, then a tear off crew, then a deck crew, then a roof crew. Didn't need to keep it watertight during construction. So we tore off 100+ squares a day and had two 3 man deck crews following them. The the roof crew started after they were well ahead.... went pretty slick.

August 8, 2013 at 4:53 p.m.

Old School

Damn, that is over 50 squares a day on and off. That would be real chaos. How many guys were working on it?

My cousins in Akron are some good people. All of the cousins are older than 45 now and a lot of us are in our 60's. Where has the time went? We were truly in the baby boomer generation.

All of the Crookston's were roofers and darn good ones too. Larry and Dan were the fastest I ever worked with and none of us were slow. I can tell you that most of the guys on the internet now that say they are the fastest would not hold a candle to those two. wow!

Speaking of people posting who I have no idea who they are, how about Custom candle, DJ76, Bull Shingle, Carvasmate and My Old roof never did this? These guys should sign into this thread.

Mike, Thanks for a great post telling us all exactly who you are and what you do.

August 8, 2013 at 2:22 p.m.

Mike H

Old School Said: Mike, that thread was funny as hell. I think that some of the responders even believed that the plane would stay there. I dont remember how many replies or looks we had on it, but it was a lot.

What bothers me is that when you click on the profile button next to your picture, there is no mention of who you really are or where you are from. I have a hard time keeping track of who is who and where they hail from.

Anita believed it would stay still. Dead convinced.

I am Mike Hicks, in charge of the chaos at Hicks Industrial Roofing, Inc., New Philadelphia, OH. We do about everything but shingles and BUR. Do more Fibertite than anything, but Sarnafil, Carlisle, Firestone, Manville, Derbigum, Soprema.... whatever. And I know your cousins in Akron relatively well.

Will do about anything, but tend to lean toward difficult jobs, or something that scares away the masses. Earlier this year did a 250,000 sq ft asbestos tear off, insulated, Fibertite w/rhinobond, and replaced 95,000 sq ft of metal deck in the process. Got it done in 9 weeks.

July 30, 2013 at 8:02 p.m.

Old School

Hey, where is Moseseveyo from? I Williams new too?

July 24, 2013 at 6:55 p.m.

Old School

Welcome Rob : Welcome Rob Sounds like an echo in here.

July 23, 2013 at 8:18 p.m.

FSC Rob

I specialize in metal roofing. I am from the Detroit area. FSC Group, Inc. Rob Mantua

July 23, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.

Old School

Mike, that thread was funny as hell. I think that some of the responders even believed that the plane would stay there. I don't remember how many replies or looks we had on it, but it was a lot.

What bothers me is that when you click on the profile button next to your picture, there is no mention of who you really are or where you are from. I have a hard time keeping track of who is who and where they hail from.

July 23, 2013 at 1:03 p.m.

Mike H

Webmaster Steve Said: This is the longest running thread in RCS history :laugh:

Care to take a "flight" with me on a conveyor belt. This ain't even close yet. The Airplane thread lived on even long after it died. LOL

July 23, 2013 at 10:14 a.m.

dustin@bear

i log on whenever im not running a million miles an hr. birmingham, al

July 22, 2013 at 8:23 p.m.

Old School

Hey, back by popular demand. I had one new guy email me and ask where this post was and egg mentioned it to pat in Canada too. Heck, there are a bunch of new names on the forum that I have no idea who they are. come on guys, work with me and let me know who you really are and where you are from. John r. Crookston Kalamazoo, Michigan (Old School)

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS Roof Hub - Banner Ad - Spring 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad