English
English
Español
Français

User Access

TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Watch What You Say

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Patty Cakes

:laugh: Having the opportunity of sharing more time with the grandkids, I am now being quoted. :laugh: :laugh: When the kids ask for something ridiculous, I always say " What do you think Grandma is going say" "NO" is what I hear. Great. They try the occassional "YES", doesn't work.

At times I feel like I don't live here. When the kids come, it's like it's their house. I am stern with them but give them freedom as children thus the statement from me " I just live here and pay the mortgage". The 7 yr old just quoted me on that last week. I'm still processing that one. :S

I have another , don't remember at the moment. little late, long day. PC :S

March 16, 2011 at 9:24 a.m.

Patty Cakes

I remember #3 please take this the right way....it doesn't matter if it is a child or adult I say " you need to be hit upside the head with a 2 x 4". Now this is never done. It's a matter of speach with me. An attention getter. Again, the 7 yr old says to me on occassion "is it time for the 2x4" This is totally ficticious. These words repeated in the wrong crowd might get me arrested. I will bite my tongue.

shaggy...I wish, like you that your parents were closer, as much as I may complain they are a highlight to me. They stop me from growing older sooner. Keeping up with the kids can be tough but enlightening. I have to be on my toes because the oldest will be 13 in a few weeks. She is a charm and beautiful, that's the scary part. Her mother & I will be her guardian angels.

Perfect example, I slept in this AM delivered the 7 yr old to school late. I was quite embarrassed, a lady in the office said "don't feel bad I slept in also & my son wore the same clothes today, I hope he changed his underwear" I'M NOT ALONE :unsure: PC

March 15, 2011 at 10:50 p.m.

jjshaggy

ha patty, know what you mean i've got 4 kids. it's like a circus here sometimes. my parents moved to AZ when my oldest was 1. i wish grandma and grandpa were here to help sometimes. enjoy them i was close to my grandparents. just wish my parents felt the same. i also just live here and pay the rent.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2