User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Obama Visit

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jed

This is trip... http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/james_delingpole/blog/2009/06/10/michelle_obama_visits_london_heals_sick_feeds_starving_creates_world_peace_etc>>>

June 10, 2009 at 6:58 p.m.

Old School

Shoot, don't worry, it will get much worse. You should try being in Michigan!>>>

June 10, 2009 at 10:27 a.m.

Terry D

All I can say is that even though I have never met this man.... I Love Him!

Yeah, yeah, I know... now I will get audited by the IRS. Who cares? Business is so bad that we are looking at laying off the entire company in the next few weeks if something doesn't change in a hurry!

This stimulus package is creating jobs? For whom? The fat cat "pay czar" that donated megabucks to the democratic party over the years!

There are quite a few jacklegs that were legit contractors just a few short months ago. Now they are working out of the back of their truck and bidding jobs so low that those of us who run legit, have insurance and pay taxes, can't even come close to their quotes. Seems that the homeowners are afraid to spend the money for the new roof that they need and are looking for the lowest quote they can get for a lick and stick patch job.

Had one potential customer tell us yesterday that we bid the job for too big an area. I was way confused because my estimator has been doing this for 20 years and just doesn't over-measure. I checked the county real estate web site which will give you basic ground measurements and sure enough, the ground measurements came out to the same square footage that the other contractor gave them without allowance for pitch or waste! Would the homeowner listen to this? Hell NO! He insisted that chuck-in-a-truck was right and we were just trying to rip him off. Mr. homeowner assures us that chuck did climb on the roof and did measure everything. He actually told us that he knows this because he is an insurance agent! How absurd! I guess dealing with insurance makes you right all the time?

Oh well, 3 years, 223 days 12-1/2 hours to go!>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - What Do You Call It? (June 2023)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Leister - Sidebar - VARIMAT + LQS - May
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar