User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
USG - Sidebar - Fire
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Neighborhood block party!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

Being at my brothers party with a few of the people that live close by made me think. How many of you have had or do host an annual party for your "block"? I think we are going to have one this year for the first time. I know when our oldest graduated from high school about 16 years ago there were 6 others in the neighborhood that were also graduting. We all went together for one large party instead of 7 smaller ones and it worked out nice. This will be a "just because" party so that everyone can get to know the neighbors. Our home is fairly prominent in the area and can be seen from a long way away, but the drive goes way back off from the road. I know that a lot of the neighbors would like to come back and this will give them a chance. We enjoy entertaining too, so it is a win win for all of us. Bring a dish to pass!>>>

June 10, 2009 at 7:02 p.m.

Old School

Hey, it is all fun. I don't let very much bother me anymore. Life is a journey and if you concentrate on the end you miss the whole thing.>>>

June 9, 2009 at 6:39 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Come On Down !!!

June 20th is a party at my house. Community Day. My township started it about 10 years ago. Parade ( don't laugh, about 40 tractors, 3 fire engines and that was it.) New, different, just the same, good..............but FIREWORKS !!!!!!!!!!!

A few of us gathered in my backyard to view the first fireworks at 8:30pm, not quite dark enough but great view and nice just the same. As years progressed they gradually changed the time to DARK 9-930 GREAT !

So it has now evolved: to come when you want all day, we have food, drink and great fireworks. Last year we had kids galore, us adults and elders to boot. 3/4 generations mixing it up from late afternoon to night. This year it's open house all day, come and go as you please. I seem to be setting a pattern of Superbowl & Community Day. Ok with me , twice a year to tolerate everyone (with love).

Old School, good luck & a good time, be careful it can become addictive. PC

PS I'm wasn't going to start on neighbors BUT BUT BUT I can't help it.

This was just last weekend. Neighbor came on attack about his 18" pine tree that he found pulled out of ground (right on my property line) and threatened to call the POLICE the next time it happened. I did what I could to not laugh. We were blamed because we play football with the grand kids..??? No witnesses, don't know what happened. My suspicion is my 5 yr old granddaughter was riding her bike and possibly had a wipe out. Guessing. He later apologized, I accepted with a ;) ;) . Remember the property line :woohoo: tree is going to look funny one sided.>>>

June 9, 2009 at 12:24 a.m.

Mike H

Gerry,

I'd really like to hear more about the leaf blower. LOL>>>

June 8, 2009 at 7:18 p.m.

Old School

Simple is good! Maybe we will only have two bands and only 4 different kinds of beer. 3 wines of course and lots of houre dourves for starters.....HMMM this is getting out of hand already. I will put up a banner over the driveway and see what kind of responce I get. I do think that with the bad economic time we are having in Michigan that a bit of good time lightness will be a good thing. Goofy games and plenty of food. I like it!>>>

June 8, 2009 at 7:24 a.m.

elcid

Wow - I haven t heard that phrase -"block party" in many a moon. In North Philly in the 30 s practically every street or block would host a block party in the summer - complete w/ pitching pennies into a tub filled w/ wet saucers and trying to get them to stick, candied apples, trying to knock over dolls w/ a baseball, merry-go rounds, hot dogs etc, etc. And of course there were the occasional rowdies who showed up to do no good, but were contained by the elders of the community. No booze, but lots of soda pop, including Roosevelts beer.>>>

June 7, 2009 at 5:12 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

When I bought my new home 4 1/2 years ago, I had a summer party, but did not want the friends and family to think of it as a "House Warming" Party and be expected to bring gifts.

I had the pool and hot tub all set up and a volley-ball net and 2 gazebo like tents with mosquito netting and lots and lots of tables and chairs and catering done with the typical beef and mostaciolli and extras.

I called the theme of the party, a "Knot For" party, because it was Not For any reason at all, except for good friends and family to get together. Man, that turned out great too. I had a misting hose set up, so that as people walked through my garage to the rear yard, they would get a nice dose of cool moisture, since it was an excessively hot day.

Sprinklers and those inflatable blow up toy slides for the kids and plenty of lawn games.

The bugs were kept to a minimum from fogging the yard the entire week before.

I think it's time to do it again.

Good reminder. Thanks.

Ed>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LP Building Solutions - Banner Ad - Remodlers Edge
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Polyglass - Sidebar - ADESO + FRSA - May 24
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Kool Seal - Sidebar - Sales Rep - May 24