User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - HD ISO
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Michigan work...getting really tight

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

We have a ton of stuff bid out, but every time another big car company declares bankruptcy, so do about 50 other car related suppliers, and then more. It is snowballing and everyone is hurting. We have about 2 weeks of work still ahead of us and we will see what the Lord brings in two weeks.

Interesting times we are in. I believe it is called "Change">>>

June 7, 2009 at 4:26 p.m.

Old School

Never heard of a "Holden">>>

June 6, 2009 at 9:53 a.m.

Old School

I like my Pickup truck!>>>

June 5, 2009 at 10:01 a.m.

CIAK

Jet My last trip out West ( Santa Barbara ) I test drove the new Camaro . Sweet . This one was the v6. The V8 if I were to buy one is the my preference . Very very cool car .>>>

June 5, 2009 at 9:03 a.m.

JET

Vaa Fakaosifolau Said: Thats too bad about the car makers going bankrupt, but from what I have read in the media they had a lot of Union baggage that just isnt 21st century survivable. Lets hope things improve under the new regime.

Holden the Australian GM subsidery are going it alone from what I hear.

I drive a Holden (GTO) and am told that they will still make a couple models for the US Pontiac brand only offered through Buick/GMC dealerships. Holden makes probably the best car I've ever owned and Lord knows I've owned a ton of cars over the years. I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on a new Pontiac GXP when the word came down from GM. Now I'm thinking Camaro SS instead. Saw my first one on the road the other day and they really look mean.

JET>>>

June 4, 2009 at 7:33 p.m.

Old School

We do have a good Hockey team though! Go Wings!>>>

June 4, 2009 at 6:39 p.m.

hatrick

So much for being the biggest. It's the concessions made to Unions over many years. While more and more industries went over sea's the auto industry and Unions kept blinders on and paid more and more into employees and pensions and health care promises. It should have been and probably was so easy to see. You can't pay the wages and benefits the auto industry was and compete in a global economy.>>>

June 3, 2009 at 7:18 a.m.

wywoody

The future I see for Michigan (Detroit area)is to become a retirement community. When the executives have to sell their houses in Bloomfield Hills at dirt cheap prices, retirees will eventualy discover how much more house they can get there and buy them.

GM now has the perception of being Obama Motors and will be off the shopping list of the half of the population that didn't vote for him. And this half disproportionaly includes a lot more people capable of buying new cars. Gm will continue to require government funds until the day that we finally decide to let the market forces work.

In 2008, GM had over 20% of the market, sold over 1.3 million vehicles and still went bankrupt. Bloat will get you every time.>>>

June 2, 2009 at 10:18 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Ohio suppliers are next on the chopping block, then down towards Tennessee.

It will be tough times for a lot of areas, so that some other companies can survive with bailouts in hand.

Ed>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Spanish Lunch & Learn Series
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
Westlake ad corrected size
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty