English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
RoofSnap - Sidebar - Gutter Measurements
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I had a "roofing sale " today

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

We have been working on a big apartment roof for the last couple of weeks. It is 3 stories high and we have been setting scaffold to the bottoms and redoing the roofs around the dormers and such. They had about 25 stack pipe flashings that needed to be replaced as the rubber boots had rotted away. They were going to do it sometime, but I told the guy this morning that before we tore down the scaffold on the latest section I would do all of the boots on the roof as quoted and would throw in some other repairs that I had shown him for free if we could do it all at once. He bit, and we have another two days of work to do.

The things we have to do to keep food on the table. It came out nice.>>>

March 11, 2009 at 7:25 p.m.

Old School

There is work to be had, but it doesn't just come to you anymore; at least around here. We are figuring a metal coping job, a new wooden deck behind a house, a big standing seam metal roof, 3 slate repairs, and two shingle re-roofs right now. I hope to get at least 6 of the 8 jobs and maybe all of them. Everything is referals and that makes it a bit easier, but you still have to run your fanny off.

We make money the old fashioned way....we earn it! nThat would be a good motto for a investment company.>>>

March 9, 2009 at 11:05 p.m.

Roof Doctors USA

OS your on fire! I guess Michigan is the place to be. Keep up the good work. ;)>>>

March 9, 2009 at 8:13 p.m.

Old School

I sold three more today. Not too big, but still better than whining about how ther is no work. I got a good shot at another one also. Windows, roof and insulation. Soffit too I am sure. Get out of my way, I am on fire!>>>

March 7, 2009 at 10:06 p.m.

Old School

We had $1,500.00 in there for all of the pipe repairs and I did about another $300.00 worth of repairs for free. We did just fine. The set up to get up there was worth more than the repairs would be worth and we have a lot more to do in the future. It is a case of one hand washing the other right now and I believe it will end up with both of us having clean hands. I hope so anyway!>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

LP Building Solutions - Banner Ad - Remodlers Edge
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
McCormack - Sidebar - Succession and Exit Planning - Watch Now