User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Solar Distribution
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Hustling for more work.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

I have been out constantly for the last 5 weeks lining up work and getting my face out there to be seen and heard. We are slowly picking up some here and some there. I don't know how much money we will be making, but we will be working. I guess that is the "CHANGE" that is coming!>>>

March 6, 2009 at 8:44 p.m.

Old School

We have a bunch of things that people want us to do....some have been put on hold by the great economy. The weather finally got warm here today and I think it will kick a few more things free. I personally will go back in a couple of weeks. I am figureing a couple of slate jobs right now that will keep me busy with a helper for about three weeks. Those are about 4 weeks away from starting. It is all fun.>>>

March 6, 2009 at 4:47 a.m.

OLE Willie

We had 4 inches of rain last friday followed by 4 inches of snow the following sunday that melted off the same day. So lots of repair calls and i "lucked" out and sold 2 roof replacements on the spot this week! lol Both of which we have already finished! Along with 5 or 6 repairs which are also finished. So we made some much needed dough but now i'm right back in the same spot hustling for more work to keep the guys going! I'm still waiting on the 7 or 8 roof replacements that were promised to me a few weeks ago by some homeowners. Interesting how often the promises don't come to pass. I rode past a repair i did a couple weeks ago and i also gave them a replacement quote. Someone else was installing a new roof on it. Kind of ticked me off a little bit but oh well the jacks have gotta eat too i guess! lol>>>

March 5, 2009 at 8:34 p.m.

Old School

We have one down here too; but it is next week. I think I will leave my truck at home and go with my wife in her unmarked Ford Taurus. It is fun to go and act dumb and let the people that don't know you try and sell you on their spiel. Some have that glazed over look in their eyes from being there for too long. Others, just don't care. I think that most home shows are a waste of time.

We did one a month or so ago that had to do with the old homes. Very fun and very small and only for one day. That I can do.>>>

March 5, 2009 at 6:14 p.m.

andy

The harder I work, the luckier I get . . . .

Same situation here, OS. However, weather has been helpful. Gee, 62 and sunny in GR today and we were doing a roof repair generating some much needed income. It was a beeeeyooootiful day!

Measured three roofs this week. Customers just want numbers so they know what the bill will be, but looks like we're moving forward.

I'm NOT participating in the recession this year . . .

Spring Home and Garden Show this weekend in GR. Think I'll wander down there and harass the competition. Wash, wax and shine my lettered truck and park it at the entrance . . . whaddya think? :woohoo:>>>

March 4, 2009 at 6:38 a.m.

Lefty

Hi,

That is a full time job.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MetalForming - Banner Ad - Bend the Future
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Westlake ad corrected size
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest