User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
MetalForming - Lunch & Learn
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

federal liscensed roofer?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

tico

below is C&P from an add in denver of someone seeking A roof repair.is roofing now federally regulated? do you need A liscense for repairs in Denver? I can see an adjuster making claims like this. when I dealt with adjusters they came up with their own versions of policies. and ex roofin adjusters,they were the bomb.they wore roofin boots and talked roofin words like A roofer.

"I was told my the insurance claim person I need to hire a federal licensed roof repair technician".

March 13, 2024 at 3:11 a.m.

shanelunsford

We do ok. Nobody really needs smash karts recognition.

I agree with you. I don't need recognition.

July 1, 2010 at 12:54 a.m.

egg

When we are on truly solid ground, the strength of it comes right up through the legs to the heart. So long as the mind is in service to the heart, we can pity them.

July 1, 2010 at 12:44 a.m.

egg

Very true. Sounds like we started about the same time, only I wasn't nine. I'm 62 and still wearing the bags. Of course I do all the rest of it too. When they start sniping, I listen for a bit. It allows me to clear my head and kindle a healthy dose of pity for them while they work themselves out towards the end of the limb. It's not enough of a contest to intrigue me. I've done enough sniping to know how empty it feels and disabusing people of their prejudices has to be handled with a small degree of condescension and a large degree of compassion.

July 1, 2010 at 12:23 a.m.

tico

i don't like being sniped either Egg.me or the trade.I'm not ok with that.I got on my first roof( or should I say the back of A pick-up truck shovelin rock into A wheel barrow on the roof) at 9 in the summer of 68.

June 30, 2010 at 11:31 p.m.

egg

We do ok. Nobody really needs recognition.http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2541707700049048902RKxPIY

June 30, 2010 at 10:50 p.m.

tico

A roof is the first defense for the greatest investment most homeowners will purchase. how many times have you seen gaps in recovery board?or skuppers not sealed properly,metal lapped the wrong way,kettles to hot or cold,jobsites all messy and not cared for? how much more could A good rooferf add to the shortcomings we see nowadays that would NEVER have happened back in the day? it may not be oaf furniture.it IS what keeps that furniture dry. in it's crafting dept.it's housing in A commercial sales facility then in the home where it is propudly displayed. it may not be the most eye appealing facet of the home in the laymens eyes. in mine some of my work and the work of many others is craftsmanship. I'm proud of my work.yeah I'm A piece of sh!t roofin carpenter to lots of folks.thats fine and you may be also. but in my eyes A good roofer is juat short of God. without us many would be praying in leaky churches and homes.

June 30, 2010 at 9:41 a.m.

Terry D

"federal licensed roof repair technician"

I wonder if the job title comes with a shiny badge too!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Polyglass - Sidebar - PolyAnchor - April 2024
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023