Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

500 squares of rubber

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Old School

My brother is re-doing the roof on his shop. The building is about 25-30 years old and had a metal roofed screwed down with the sag and bag insulation between the purlins. IT LEAKED!! He has glued and screwed down 7 /16 OSB and then glued down 30 foot wide sheets of 60 mil EPDM about 60% done with it in 10 days. Oh Yeah, he is also installing 174; 57" x 46" skylights. That is going to let in a LOT of light. The boy is crazy I tell you. 1 square foot of skylight for every 16 square feet of building. 2 semi loads of skylights. I wonder if there is some type of energy credit for that?>>>

June 14, 2009 at 3:26 p.m.

Old School

I was there yesterday, and he has all of the OSB and rubber down now. One section has all of the skylights in too. I think about 28 so far, and it lights it up like daylight in that area. He figures he can install about 28 per day with 8 guys working, so about another week till he has it completed. Very impressive, and Nary a leak! His words, not mine.>>>

June 10, 2009 at 7:04 p.m.

Old School

There you go. About 9 meet sideways and 10 feet vertically between each one.>>>

June 7, 2009 at 4:22 p.m.

Old School

I suppose if I was to do it after the curbs were in, I would just do it in strips. The skylights are all in neat rows, but there are just a lot of rows. Quite impressive actually. I promise I will take some pictures and post them. Actually, I am holding back on you guys. I have posted some pictures on Picasa, but it is of a job I am working on and it is all "before" pictures. I have almost finished the repairs to the slate on them adn I will link it all up for you soon. Very tech savvy eh?>>>

June 6, 2009 at 9:59 a.m.

Old School

Actually, it will be hot in the summer months from all of the solar gain. In the winter, and the spring and fall the light and the heat will be a good addition. He is taking out all of the penatrations and then installing the OSB and cutting out the openings of the skylights. He glues down the rubber and just leaves it loose around the openings. He is then cutting the rubber out and installing the curbs and then flashing them. He figures he can do about 20 or 30 a day when he gets going on them, with 6 guys working on it. Still a lot of work. I will take some pictures of the whole thing when he is done. A "forest" of skylights on a roof, that is for sure. He has never done anything in a small way!>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Ruby Banner ad - pormo code
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!