Français

User Access

ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
Westlake ad corrected size
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

They are hiring roofers

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Chuck2

Roofing Subcontractors Needed (Atlanta and surrounding areas) compensation: $45 to $55 a square contract job

Roofing subcontractors wanted for Atlanta and surrounding areas. PLEASE READ THE WHOLE ADD AND THE REQUIREMENTS BEFORE CONTACTING US

We pay $45.00 a square for pitches 2 to 7 We pay $55.00 a square for pitches 8 to 12 $12.00 per sheet of OSB These rates include installing starter shingles, drip edge, felt, roof boots, ice and water, ridge vent and ridge cap, step flashing, applying silicone, cleaning gutters, blowing of roof, blowing off driveway. WE SUPPLY ALL MATERIALS NEEDED

Example of pay: If you install 20 squares of architect shingles on a 6 pitch 2 bundles of starters, 4 bundles of cap, 15 pieces of drip edge, 10 pieces of ridge vent and 4 bundles of cap. You would be paid $45 x 20 squares = $900.00 plus the dump bill that you accumulate from the disposal of shingles. ALL the installation of starters, installation of cap, installation of drip edge, installation of pipe boots, installation of ridge vent, installation of ice and water, installation of step flashing are included in the per square shingle price.

We pay all dump bills

We supply ALL materials needed for job

You MUST have: 1) workers comp 2) general liability 3) Able to complete a 1099 4) Able to finish jobs in one day 5) Able to communicate with our customers to answer a question. 6) A phone that takes pictures 7) Have a bank account at BBT, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, Alliance, Community and Southern Bank or Suntrust 8) have a gas compressor and all professional tools to complete the job. 9) willing to place a 3 year warranty on the roof 10) MUST have a dump trailer or dump truck on EVERY job Please respond if you meet all these qualifications

November 11, 2021 at 12:25 a.m.

allaroundroofing2

Before you select a roofing contractor some major points can be considered. Like they are licensed, or more. Complete information has been described on our blog, that is useful for you. So, visit us - roofingkettering.com/blogs/picking-the-right-roofing-contractor-in-dayton-oh

March 25, 2014 at 3:25 p.m.

vickie

Dear Mike: You give your advice with such generosity but if you did have something to sell, based on your character, we probably would never know it. You're posts could be as long as you wish and I would NEVER get tired of reading them nor would I mind paying someone too!

March 25, 2014 at 2:21 a.m.

Mike H

And Vickie, I'd still defend your right to position the sand in your sandbox any way you so desire, even if it got in my shoes.

I don't think he ever earned a dime off this site, but he sure offered a lot of good advice, spent a lot of time dispensing it, and did it for free. Only difference between him & me is I don't have anything to sell. (Not referring to the "good"ness of my advice, just the time and free)

Anybody don't like how you run your joint is free to leave or start another, eh? I think someone tried that. Purdy quiet over thar, last time I strolled through.

March 20, 2014 at 10:51 p.m.

egg

The whole shebang was supported at its center of gravity by his primary footing, which put succinctly in his own words was, "We all need to do the right thing." That is what he used as justification for going back to a client and billing an extra 30% or whatever in the event there was a mistake made during the bid process. That whacked out some people here, but let's just take it on faith for the moment anyway. Doing the right thing on this site would have meant paying something to the site for what was clearly self-promotion. If he'd had any deep respect for doing the right thing it all would have worked out differently and very easily in the bargain. Some people are what you could call "treat-me-special" types. Get enough meat-eaters telling you that you're special and you start to believe it. Yes, he was savvy, interesting, engaging, potent, and he got the boot when all he had to do to stay was do the right thing. He freely chose not to. C'est la vie. For my part, I wouldn't have joined his organization for all the tea in China. Not my kind of thing. And without meaning any offense to him, Bob Tronson was not my kind of guy either. I like a more rugged, hands-on experience of life than that structure offers. A little bit of suffering and confusion is good for your soul. Way too much policy worked out, all the way down to a litany of how to handle complaints on the phone. My great grandfathers were born in log cabins. They did for themselves. Easy times are great. I've had a lot of them myself. Hardly remember anything about them though. Just a pleasant blur. To each his own. You did the right thing. When someone says, "You don't know what you don't know," it's what's known as a tautology. Like, "It is what it is." We always think when we say something like that, it applies to other people, not us. As if we're getting a jump start on truth. But it's fatuous. Safety is an illusion. Doing the right thing is not something you can guarantee in advance. You don't even know beforehand what form it will take. Sometimes you need to lose money. That's my two cents.

March 20, 2014 at 9:59 p.m.

vickie

Mike H Said: While I defended Vickys right to do what she wanted with her site, I said it then, and still feel, Richard Kallers banning was a travesty.

OMGosh really! His posts, although helpful and interesting to you guys, were half blantant promotion to join his company. If that wasn't bad enough I had to pay CoffeeShop Frank to read them. His essay's cost me money!

I assume you all are thinking that he did so much good that I should have looked past the commercials. Perhaps some of you think me greedy. But, I was just trying to be fair to the people that pay for advertising.

Although you may all have been able to put aside his constant self promotion, to get the useful information. It wasn't fair I was charging our RCS friends KoldKing, G-Tape and KleenKutter for advertising while Mr. Kaller (RIP) refused to pay for advertising AND refused to quit promoting his company in his posts. That was my only gripe.

If someone comes on the forum to promote their company you guys gang up on him unless you see they are an advertiser. (Which I appreciate). But Mr. Kaller was different because he offered something you wanted?

I haven't been perfect in my handling of this website but if the same situation arises I would do it again. No matter how I explain this I sound greedy but it was never about money. It was about being fair.

If you guys thought he was so helpful why didn't you join his organization? Because it was too expensive? Well someone paid for all that free advice and it was me. I had to buy CoffeeShop Frank new glasses and a coffee pot.

And after all that I still love you all so much! Just wanted to re-butt!

March 20, 2014 at 3:44 p.m.

TomB

Chuck, I was being facetious, I suppose.....Let's get some clarity here...

"Subs are subs", (in the context we are addressing), because of two reasons;

1) Unscrupulous/opportunistic employers choose to cheat/steal - circumvent paying appropriate labor burdens, by representing employees as independent contractors.

OR

2) Naivety - on the part of the parties simply because "that's just how we do it here".

"That's the whole reason subs are subs" - In this context, that is.

March 19, 2014 at 7:35 p.m.

Chuck2

Mike H: "Hike M".... I laughed. Then we agree. Well said.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TomB: Wouldn't it make more sense for the advertiser to be working as a salesperson for the,("sub")contractor they're soliciting for?

That's the whole reason most subs are subs. They don't know how to market, sell or run a business. Fear held me back for many years. Fear of failure I guess. So I just kept on subbing. But I paid close attention to what the companies I worked for were doing and after saving up what I considered to be enough money to give it a try, I finally did. Even though I paid close attention there was still a LOT to learn. Ironically, the thing that gave me the most trouble initially was repair work which is what I specialize in today. :huh:

March 19, 2014 at 6:05 p.m.

robert

Anybody carrying comp and liabilitie at those price hasn't got chit for insurance!

March 19, 2014 at 5:57 p.m.

TomB

Here's a screwy way of perceiving this -

Wouldn't it make more sense for the advertiser to be working as a salesperson for the,("sub")contractor they're soliciting for?

After all, as a paying client, I would put more trust/credence in the contractor who is actually orchestrating the installation of my roof - bearing the burden(s), of providing the business management skills, employees, WC/GL insurances, equipment, tools, vehicles, etc...

All the shyster/paper contractor did was sell me on the idea. I suppose he may finance the materials also. Not a whole bunch though.....

March 19, 2014 at 5:18 p.m.

Mike H

"Hike M".... I laughed.

Then we agree. Well said.

March 19, 2014 at 3:01 p.m.

Chuck2

Hike M, In the very first line of my reply on page 3, I said " and I agree with the personal choice part ". So, I don't understand how you arrived at the decision that I totally disagreed with what you said.

What I didn't "fully" agree with is that this "choice" should be left up to an underpaid sub-contractor. The last guy down the line who's working on the roof. Your last reply above makes much more sense when you mentioned the salesperson and the owner.

The owner could order all chimney's be reflashed regardless of condition. That may be extreme to some people. If he doesn't do that, he could order the salesman to inspect these type areas while measuring the roof and make the decision right there if it's obviously in a bad condition or won't last the length of the roof that is being installed.

What kind of roofing company leaves this type of quality control up to some sub-contractor? In the case of the chimney flashing, the "choice" could have already been made most of the time, if not every time instead of leaving it up to the last man who is in the worst position to be making this type of decision. This is what I meant.

March 19, 2014 at 10:35 a.m.

Lefty1

Mike, I learned a lot from those posts. I think you just got tired of repeating yourself with all the technical data and the way to install the different systems. I was not that fast at typing yet. So I was impressed.

March 19, 2014 at 9:50 a.m.

Mike H

Chuck Said: And when that guy whos sub-contracting for $45 sq. tears off around the chimney and discovers that it needs new flashing but the sales person didnt note that on the paperwork and/or the insurance company refused to pay for it combined with the fact they will not pay him anything extra to do it. ( Its included in the per sq. price the ad says ) almost every single time he will chooseto not reflash it and the chimney will be a problem down the road for the homeowner. Not to mention the fact he has to complete the job in one day and it will take half the day to flash the chimney for free.

You nailed it Wuck. He CHOSE his way. "He" is at least three different people that put more value on money than on quality. The salesman chose to ignore his ineptitude, and cried if the installer wanted to do more, because it would come out of his pocket. The installer put more value on his time than he did on the work of his hands. The owner encouraged it by putting more value on the thickness of his wallet than the fullness of his reputation.

I've had salesmen like that. He is gone. Because my field people knew that it was more important to me to spend more money than to make more profit. Drove him nuts. Caused a lot of turmoil between field and sales.

It starts at the top and filters to the bottom, but in the end... Any one of the three could have said "Stop. Do it right". Nobody did. Each one had to be happy with the man in the mirror. I don't know how they do it.

Finding peace in a reflection built on anything less than integrity would be much harder for me than working for free.

Thank you, Dad.

(edit) Funny Lefty. I've gotten lots better, eh?

March 19, 2014 at 9:49 a.m.

Lefty1

Mike, I miss Tom's exspecially when he was living under the bridge. Richard Kallar was probably the only person who could compete with you for length posts.LOL

March 19, 2014 at 9:37 a.m.

Mike H

While I defended Vicky's right to do what she wanted with her site, I said it then, and still feel, Richard Kaller's banning was a travesty.

I don't know who this mystery guy is... I'm kinda dense like that... but I sure miss my ol' friend Tom Hay. When it comes to impromptu originality, I don't know that it could be anyone else. ???

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - The Science of Performance (RLW on-demand)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder