Français

User Access

Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Westlake ad corrected size
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

They are hiring roofers

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Lefty1

What overhead? My tools and truck. My truck is the office. Insurance cost me $5,000 a year. Down to $100,000 the first year. After that my tools are paid for. I am at $107,000 a year.

March 13, 2014 at 7:32 a.m.

Lefty1

I could make a good living at that price. Done in one day I could not meet that part. Doing 10 square a day I would make $2250 a week, $112,500 a year. If I had a partner we split the earnings. There is very little paperwork. There is no collecting or selling.

Yes I could make a good living at them prices.

March 13, 2014 at 7:13 a.m.

Old School

30 years ago we had a big apartment complex we roofed. I had a crew to set scaffolding all around it, so it had a 5 foot solid platform totally around the building at roof height. I had a separate crew that did the tear-off for $21.00 a square, and another bunch of guys that roofed it for $21.00 a square. If I recall correctly, we were paying $18.00 a square for shingles then. In todays economy, that would be the equivalent of getting about $75 to $85 a square for tear-off and the same for putting them back on. I paid for the disposal and I paid all the insurances. The roof was 12/12 pitch, and I paid the tear-off crew extras to fix any wood. I didn't have to advertise to get help. they came to me.

March 12, 2014 at 10:28 p.m.

Chuck2

Great to have you here. Do you have a name we can call you besides Pain? B)

March 12, 2014 at 9:25 p.m.

Still lovin the pain

ha ha touché GK !! Youll be happy to hear I got the job at fifty a square and its felted half assly. Only a 5/12 and a mere 40 year shingle. Had to do some talking but my head is out of my ass..thanks for the wake up call guys. Im still smiling GK GOOD ONE. Glad to be among fellow Hard workers with dignity and pride.

March 12, 2014 at 9:08 p.m.

Chuck2

It's actually a RAISE in pay from what "subs" get in my area which is $40 sq. 1-layer walker and they have to pay the landfill out of that! :huh:

March 12, 2014 at 11:09 a.m.

clvr83

Also, "must do the job in one day." That's hilarious! They must have meant "Must complete job in one day, if you want to make enough denero to feed your family taters & beans"

March 12, 2014 at 11:03 a.m.

clvr83

I don't see the phrase tear off anywhere. I guess guys just do that for free these days? I charge $65 for a 1 layer tearoff incl. dumpster, but usually have to settle with insurance for about $55 on the easy ones.

As a side note: These contractors must be living like fat rats! Fat, lying and smiling, rats.

March 12, 2014 at 10:08 a.m.

Chuck2

Sounds to me like they are looking for Hispanic "subs" that have at least one person who can speak English.

The worst part is you get 45 sq. on a 4/12 but only 55 on a 12/12. Steep is only worth a mere $10 sq. more? wth?

No pay for installing starters, ridge vent, ridge cap or flashing! :woohoo:

March 12, 2014 at 8:35 a.m.

Chuck2

Found this on Craiglist. Anyone interested? :laugh:

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Elevate - Banner Ad - The Future is Calling (2024)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
USG - Sidebar - Fire
MetalForming - Lunch & Learn
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook