Français

User Access

Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How to pay your salesmen?

« Back To Question Of The Month
Author

Mr.JoeRoofer

Interesting Subject .... As we are looking to hire a sales / service person .... We are looking at a base salary, truck, cell, etc plus full line of benefits and commission ....

Guess it all depends on what type of salesperson you are hiring as to the pay structure .... In our case there is service and inspections involved and some crew managing so just sales, our position is far from .....

We just placed this ad for a second run .... Have a few good candidates / response from the first run but still exploring our options - a good fit is a must for all concerned ....

FLAT ROOF ESTIMATOR CHICAGOLAND AREA: Can you read Flat Roofs, write specs, sell custom solutions and find / fix small leaks? Let's talk, we have rare opportunity available. Bill Wade 630-898-3230. Email to: wade@affordableroofing.net (Aurora, IL)

January 19, 2011 at 11:32 a.m.

FL Roofer

This question seems to come up alot here lately. I give the same answer I always do. A low base salary determined alongside whatever else he gets, meal allowance, mileage, company cellphone, vehicle etc plus commission. 7-10% is about the norm although I know a fella that gets 12. But what I don't understand is this "but what I'm finding out is the salesmen are making......blah" What do you care if he gets a commission check of twenty or a hundred grand on a bid that has his cut figured into it? Did he not earn it? Are you saying that is too much money for a guy that caught a lucky break and a bid fell into his lap...... What when he bust his ass with a picky homeowner who insists he come to the house for six different consults, all after nine at night cos he is so busy, and breaks his balls on each visit with dumbass questions and tire kicking for a measly 30sq three tab and he don't make jack. The commission is agreed upon hiring, you are obligated. If you don't like him getting the big checks then you go figure the bid.

« Back To Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EagleView Assess -  Banner Ad - Visualizer
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024