Français

User Access

SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How is the Coronavirus affecting your business?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

How are you doing business differently?

What are your concerns?

October 19, 2020 at 12:51 a.m.

JasonBrenner

Well, it's not about my business but my salary. I'm a software developer with 10+ years of experience. My friends think I have a fortune but my real salary has nothing to do with Glassdoor data, especially after lockdown.

October 14, 2020 at 7:28 a.m.

Metal Roofing Spokane

Coronavirus is actually helping our business, as strange as it sounds.  More people are home and noticing issues about their roofing, which is leading to more phone calls.  Having to wear a mask isn't fun, but at least we can still work. Lots of roof repairs lately at www.queensroofingcontractors.com.

-lvand9

Solidarity with the author of this message!
We have the same impression that people at home began to see more problems with their roofs. In reality, the number of orders for roof repairs has increased 2-3 times!

September 28, 2020 at 8:56 a.m.

hje@ellsworth.us

Thank you for all the updates.  Keep them coming!

September 28, 2020 at 8:21 a.m.

lvand9

Coronavirus is actually helping our business, as strange as it sounds.  More people are home and noticing issues about their roofing, which is leading to more phone calls.  Having to wear a mask isn't fun, but at least we can still work. Lots of roof repairs lately at www.queensroofingcontractors.com.

September 1, 2020 at 12:07 a.m.

Jasonwhite

And also, business in Ottawa and the surrounding area got badly affected.

Corona has scared people.

August 31, 2020 at 5:44 a.m.

Jasonwhite

Coronavirus has affected the roofing business in Ottawa badly.

August 28, 2020 at 5:42 a.m.

Mmillerman1

But our Alabama based group Roofer Huntsville AL has never once slowed down, only picked up speed, go figure, thanks again for the thoughtful topic of conversation 

August 28, 2020 at 5:41 a.m.

Mmillerman1

Thanks for the thoughtful topic, we service two different states through our sales and marketing division, our Roofer Albany NY   

saw some change at first but was quickly busier than ever

July 6, 2020 at 5:36 a.m.

davidlewis

It has certainly affected our Zona Roofing Business but as someone said '2020 is the year to survive, not to make profits'

June 13, 2020 at 6:03 p.m.

EmeryS

Well, there's the expected no answer OR conversation through the door at a whole new level now. :)

Gotta have some level of humor about it or else what is the alternative right? lol

SO...now after we are returning to a little more volume, are you keeping the humor and personal contact via text, email and phone calls?

The secret we always tell our kids is to take lemons and make lemonade.  So why not practice this in your social media?  Make things funny not at the expense of anyone else but how you have found life better when you use humor.

Wonder how to do this?  I would enjoy a free no strings attached chat about it focusing on your business.  #theBESTisyettocome #gonnaBOK #nostringsattached

-callowayroofing

May 17, 2020 at 5:24 p.m.

callowayroofing

My Roofing Company or business going down. coronavirus really affecting my business. I am not able to know what should I do.

-Ken Evans

Working with Ktransferllc, they got rid of our old CRM and brought in an enterprise solution and now help us market at the storm, zip, and subdivision level.  When we have a build, there's even events for each build.  Hope it helps. Hate to see any one in the trades go out of business from coV. 

May 17, 2020 at 9:32 a.m.

rfgest

Hi Ken,

These are trying times for sure. From your question, I am not sure of the exact specifics that are causing you the most issues, but in general terms, this is time to reevaluate how you go to the market and how your business operates. For increasing your business presence, social media is the way to go. Try to promote not just your company but your knowledge of what your business does and why you someone would buy off you compared to a competitor. 

Operational you must get a handle on accounts receivables and cash flow. They are the lifeline of your business. Review your processes and streamline them to be as efficient as possible. Review all your expenses and immediately shut down any unnecessary ones and always look for the ones that generate the best return on investment. If you have a more specific question, I am happy to see if I can answer it.

Thank you,

John

May 16, 2020 at 8:52 a.m.

Ken Evans

My Roofing company or business going down. coronavirus really affecting my business. I am not able to know what should I do.

April 6, 2020 at 3:10 p.m.

vickie

Are you still working?

March 22, 2020 at 10:02 p.m.

stormseal-tim

At the moment we following all government advice, but keeping business open as usual for all the roofers we work with. 

Here is the link to the Stormseal announcement.

Here is a link to our directory.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MCA - Banner Ad - MetalTalk
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

USG - Sidebar - Fire
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices