By SureFire Local.
One effective way to get more quality leads for your home improvement business is through running smart, data-backed Google Ads.
Google Ads displays brief advertisements, service offerings and product listings within the Google ad network to online users. To dominate local search results using Google Ads, you’ll want to consider a few things.
Outlined here are the eight steps to create effective lead generation campaigns in Google Ads for home improvement contractors. To get a more complete strategy for how to use Google Ads, download our guide for free here and gain access to our Google Ads Workshop.
8 Steps to Generating Higher Quality Leads with Google Ads
- Translate what you do into how people search. While you’ll sound more professional by using industry jargon, it’s a no-go when generating leads through ads. Industry jargon doesn’t always translate well into the language most customers (homeowners) use. Build your ads accordingly by thinking like a homeowner!
- Create tightly relevant ad groups with matching keywords and ads. When a homeowner searches for a new roof or windows, for instance, they’ll want to see ads that are specifically about roofs or windows. A granular approach can maximize relevancy and minimize cost per click.
- Be mindful of keyword match types. You’ll want to focus your keywords on queries that generate leads. You can start narrow, then scale up to give you less data to go through.
- Target exclusions and negative keyword lists. This helps to stop waste from the start and focuses your budget to where it’s supposed to. For example, consider the difference between Windows (operating system) vs. windows (home).
- Ensure your conversion tracking is set up and recording. Google Ads and Analytics work well together, but if you don’t have the latter, use call tracking for measuring beyond impressions, clicks and click-through rates.
- Enable all relevant Ad Extensions for each campaign. These Ad Extensions should include a phone number, relevant site links, location, pricing, text message options, and promotions.
- Check your Search Term Report. This will help build your negative keyword list–not the keywords you’re bidding on, but the actual raw queries that triggered your ad.
- Monitor and optimize Search Impression Share. The Search Impression Share is based on where you’re targeting and the keywords you’re bidding on. A 65%-75% share means your campaign is running well and has room for improvement in Search.
Google has long prioritized organic search results, but over the past year, as you can see, they’ve made some tremendous updates to Google Ads. Now, if you have a defined strategy and the right targeting setup, you can have great success with driving high-quality leads from Google who actually becomes customers. Our Google Ads Workshop will give tips and recommendations to make sure your Google Ads strategy is moving your online presence in the right direction.
Surefire Local is a full-service technology and digital marketing company. Our marketing software – the Surefire Local Marketing Cloud – is a single platform that allows home improvement businesses to see more, do more, and get more help with their local marketing. Ultimately, this hardworking marketing platform closes the gap in the journey from prospect to customer, bringing technology and marketing together for success. Call or text (571) 327-3391 or email email@example.com today to schedule a complimentary consultation to get an expert analysis of your online presence and website.
Source: SureFire Local