The Technical Coordinator (based in Nashville, TN) is a member of Holcim Building Envelope Division (formerly Firestone Building Products). Technical Coordinator provides technical sales support to contractor/customers, system designers (architects and consultants), and end-user building owners. Technical Coordinator support includes answering product installation questions and making recommendations to help the caller make a suitability determination. The Technical Coordinator also answers roof design inquiries and identifies tested assemblies and systems that comply with rated assembly requirements on a given project. During the Technical Coordinators engagement with the customers, they educate the audience on the Holcim Building Envelope product lines, make the customers aware of new and innovative products, and promote premium assemblies.
***This role is hybrid eligible - with several work from home days and only 2-3 days in office. This position is based out of our corporate office, located in Nashville, TN (next to the international airport).***
• Responsible for educating customers, sales representatives, and teammates in how to apply Elevate (formerly Firestone), GenFlex, and Gaco products per product specifications.
• Perform technical review of Pre-Installation Notices (PINs) to determine suitability of proposed assembly for the type and length of warranty requested.
• Review technical deviation requests and make acceptance determination based on system performance requirements for a given project, system, warranty type/term, and construction site specific conditions.
• Generate project assembly letters defining system requirements.
• Provide input on company literature, spec's, construction details and assemblies to make sure the most accurate information is available for the customer.
• Ability to develop strong customer relationships and inspire customer confidence.
• Ability to follow corporate and division policies and applicable governmental safety regulations are required.
BASE REQUIREMENT: (one required)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, or Architecture;
• Minimum 8 years active duty in a construction trade military occupational specialty (MOS) (verified by DD214);
• High school diploma and minimum of 6 years’ construction experience in a Foreman or Superintendent role, or as a Technical Representative for a commercial roofing manufacturer.
Further requirements to be successful in this role are:
• Strong technical expertise in most of the following products and an aptitude to learn the rest:
o Single-Ply Roofing Systems including: A) EPDM, B) TPO, C) PVC
o Asphalt Roofing Systems including: D) SBS, E) APP, F) BUR
o Metal Systems: G) Standing Seam Roofs, H) Cavity Wall Assemblies
o Roofing Coatings including: I) Silicone Roof Coatings, J) Acrylic Roof Coatings
o Urethane Systems including: K) P.U.F. Roofing, L) Wall Foam
o Garden Roofing Systems including: M) Built In Place, N) Modular
• Must be personable and professional and maintain a high-level of integrity.
• Strong customer service focus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to think outside the box.
• Good organizational and time management skills are a must.
• Must be able to travel overnight 10% to 15% of the time by air or car.
• Must also be able to work flexible hours with minimum notification when necessary.
• Must possess a current driver’s license.
Once trained, the successful candidate will operate independently within a multifunctional regional team to provide technical customer support to the sales representatives and customers located in a defined geographical area. Work product is monitored and managed by a Regional Technical Manager for KPI reporting and performance management purposes. Quality of work is audited on a regular basis to identify Technical Coordinator development needs. This position requires a very high degree of technical competence in that the Technical Coordinator makes decisions daily that affect long-term warranty liability. The Technical Coordinator is authorized to make reasonable judgment calls on acceptability of non-standard construction details when conditions prevent the standard construction detail(s) from being completed. Poor performance or bad decisions by a Technical Coordinator may negatively affect our brand image and/or prove costly to the installing contractor as well as to the company.