Français

User Access

Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Westlake ad corrected size
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

The Future Outlook of Construction into 2021

« Back To Operations Technology Talk
Author

rfgest

The experts in economic projections have many mixed results as to the actual outlook for construction through the 2nd QTR of next year. How do you currently see the workload currently and future backlog in your geographic area? 

December 4, 2020 at 2:28 p.m.

rfgest

We are keeping a close eye on the data coming out of the economy. There are some indicators that look really good and others that have changed for the worse over since the last update. We are looking at market trends. The numbers of staying up but there is a lot of devalued stock selling at high margins that could affect our industry by 2nd qtr. 2021 

November 16, 2020 at 6:58 a.m.

rfgest

Appreciate the review on our Economic Outlook Video. I always enjoy contributing and working with Roofers Coffee Shop. It is great to see everyone participating in these forums. 

November 11, 2020 at 4:33 p.m.

hje@ellsworth.us

Yes!  That is a great idea!  We will put that together for the new year.  We are booked through year end but I love this.  We could do a Podcast sooner.  Thank you for the feedback, the idea and being a part of RoofersCoffeeShop!  Heidi

November 11, 2020 at 1:40 p.m.

JLonghorn75

I saw your video on LinkedIn last week on the Economic Outlook. It was an excellent look into the future for our Industry. I really thought you guys did a great job digging not only into the facts but offering solutions as well. It would be great to see you and RCS do a Thursday Coffee Conversation on this subject. 

October 16, 2020 at 2:27 p.m.

WilliamH978

We are now seeing tighning margins and a decresing backlog. Things seem to tightning up outlook wise going inot 2021

August 24, 2020 at 1:59 p.m.

rfgest

William,

That is an excellent insight into the issue. The deeper that I am looking into the data, not only in North American but also Globally, construction backlog is shrinking worldwide.  The baseline forecast I see from the data envisions a 5.2 percent contraction in global GDP by the end of 2020.

We are not a domestic dependent economy any longer as most countries are not. Globalization is not new, and we have to concern ourselves with both local as well as world recessions.

Seven world-renowned economists predict the pandemic is expected to plunge most countries into recession in 2020, with per capita income contracting in the most significant number of countries globally since 1870. Advanced economies are projected to shrink 7 percent. That weakness will spill over to the outlook for emerging market and developing economies, which are forecasted to contract by 2.5 percent as they cope with their own domestic outbreaks of the virus. This would represent the weakest showing by this group of economies in at least sixty years.

I am not a doom and gloom person, but I am a firm believer in unmanipulated data. Regardless of what the outcome turns out to be, all data points to a global recession of some magnitude. I have been recommending to our clients, if they have t done so, to do a full evaluation of their companies operations. The analysis should cover all weaknesses, vulnerabilities, and strongpoints. By planning and properly scaling your business, you will be well prepared for any economic outcome.

August 24, 2020 at 12:30 p.m.

WilliamH978

I think we all had high expectations of quick recovery or at least not going to see a sharp downturn. I am located in West and I have a good friend in roofing in the Southeast and we both see a big drop in backlog and activity of opportunities out there. Based on that I don't see a very promising quick recovery. 

« Back To Operations Technology Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Spring 2024 Promo With CertainTeed
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Roofers Choice Insurance