Français

User Access

USG - Sidebar - Fire
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Solar Distribution
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Maybe a little out of place here, but...

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

2ndgen

For the "Roofers COFFEE Shop"!

My favorite coffee in the world...Puerto Rican Coffee.

The best way to make it with an italian coffee maker (really, the ONLY way to make it to get the best taste).

I simmer my milk until right before it boils (you can see excessive moisture leaving it in the form of steam) and pour in my sugar (real 100% sugar!). It crystalizes with the milk and forms this sweet creamy mix.

At that moment, I pour in my coffee until it becomes that nice medium brown color (I'd say it's 3/4s coffee, 1/4 milk).

A cup of coffee like that in your local Starbucks will cost you about $5.

In my home, it's free for my friends.

December 22, 2010 at 2:32 p.m.

CIAK

Hey Tim I'm guessing it was an older model aurelia. Do you remember the model? Those things are sweet automatic machines. Have you ever hand pressed a shot?? The coffee is only one part of the equation. Water type temp alkalinity also how clean the group heads are kept. You can have the best coffee in the world and run it through a machine with one or more of these problems. The result Bad tasting coffee. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

December 20, 2010 at 3:00 p.m.

CIAK

Gary, how do you get your caffeine fix? You can't buy artisan Signature Ciak Roast in any shop. Cost "priceless" $$$$$$$$ Made with the coffee Gods in mind. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

December 20, 2010 at 9:15 a.m.

CIAK

No offence but to me the traditional Mr. Coffee electric drip coffee maker is an insult to sensibilities. I've got a collection of coffee stuff that make my kitchen look like a chemistry lab when I have them all out. When I brew coffee it’s an art much like Tai Chi except without the slo-mo kicking: I have been known to tuck in my beans, grind them to perfection, and precisely measures two tablespoons per 6 ounces of water. I am driven by a compulsion ,the pursuit of "the perfect cup of coffee." I will inhale the essence of Ciak Roast like it’s a fine wine. Coffee is a spiritual experience. I will inevitably embarrass the people I'm out to lunch or dinner with. Asking the ignorant and apathetic waiter when the beans were roasted, how they were stored, the plantation where they were grown and the name of third-world farmer who picked them. Just joking about the farmer. LOL You want the best grinder for a better cup of coffee. Get the best burr grinder you can afford. Not the blade type. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

December 19, 2010 at 8:17 p.m.

2ndgen

CIAK Said: If you roast your own and understand the subtleties of coffee you can have the best most incredible bean juice thanks Andy, available. It is important that the freshness of coffee has to do with when it was roasted. After roasted coffee has been exposed to air, the flavor will begin to deteriorate extremely fast. In fact, a huge portion of the flavor is lost in just 7 to 10 days after roasting. I roast small batches every couple of weeks for the richest amazing coffee with the perfect blends available to mankind. Ciak Roast Love it every morning and in the evening for espresso. With my hand Italian Pavoni espresso machine. I have made Gods shot espresso. Many wonderful experiences sipping and slurping Ciak Roast. I could go on about how important the type of grinder and grind for your coffee. Blends of coffee beans and water temps..... If you want to know about coffee I probably know it.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

Bustelo coffee is vacuum sealed as soon as it's ground. A can in a typical household will be empty in a week. I refrigerate mine after opening it (resealable can).

I can't remember in my lifetime a can of coffee ever lasting past a week. I'm definitely going to look into getting a grinder for fresh beans this winter.

There are a few places around here where I can get a great cup of coffee (mostly Columbian). Queens, NY (for some reason) has a lot of great spots for coffee (not talking about Cafe's, but greasy spoons and gas stations).

I won't drink coffee unless it's a good cup of coffee.

I tried Starbucks. I have no idea what people see in those places other than free wireless.

:D

December 19, 2010 at 7:13 p.m.

Patty Cakes

You gotta be kidding me? I bought my first coffee machine last year. I'm happy with any kind of coffee and glad I still have a filter to use. I found out I was putting the water in the wrong place, I never noticed the flip lid on top. So apparantly I'm not a conesoiur. Just happy it is hot. PC

December 19, 2010 at 6:40 p.m.

robert

Are you really jaun valdez? :laugh:

December 19, 2010 at 6:33 p.m.

CIAK

If you roast your own and understand the subtleties of coffee you can have the best most incredible "bean juice" thanks Andy, available. It is important that the freshness of coffee has to do with when it was roasted. After roasted coffee has been exposed to air, the flavor will begin to deteriorate extremely fast. In fact, a huge portion of the flavor is lost in just 7 to 10 days after roasting. I roast small batches every couple of weeks for the richest amazing coffee with the perfect blends available to mankind. Ciak Roast Love it every morning and in the evening for espresso. With my hand Italian Pavoni espresso machine. I have made Gods shot espresso. Many wonderful experiences sipping and slurping Ciak Roast. I could go on about how important the type of grinder and grind for your coffee. Blends of coffee beans and water temps..... If you want to know about coffee I probably know it.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

December 19, 2010 at 6:21 p.m.

robert

Community coffee is what we drink in Louisiana and its good!

December 19, 2010 at 5:38 p.m.

kage

Good ole instant for me! :woohoo: , starbucks..yuk.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Beacon - Banner Ad - Spring 2024 Promo With CertainTeed
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024