English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Polyglass - Sidebar - ADESO + FRSA - May 24
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

LET ME PAY YOU TO ROOF YOUR HOUSE!

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RandyB1986

I was just wondering if this headline would be illegal/misleading/unethical/fraud in your folks opinion?

The way it would work is John D Homeowner allows XYZ Roofing to inspect his roof for free, if there is hail damage and XYZ gets a claim approved for John D Homeowner, XYZ Roofing will pay John D Homeowner $500 for letting him have the job. So John D Homeowner gets paid to have his roof done. And XYZ Roofing isnt committing insurance fraud because they are not billing more than charging, since the $500 is a cash FEE FROM CONTRACTOR TO HOMEOWNER.

What do you guys think......would this be legal or not..ethical or not?? Let me have good, bad and ugly.

Thanks!>>>

June 12, 2009 at 2:05 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Okay, I started a new thread on this forum with some ideas that I had to get things rolling.

Ed>>>

June 12, 2009 at 5:58 a.m.

CIAK

We can stay here . The very first thing , Ok here I go " attitude " the very best craftsman if the attitude isn't right , pull the handle and depending on what part of the world you live or the type of toilet flush, watch the swirl . Great ideas need cooperation . Before getting to the nuts and bolts of what and how . Trust , this is not a commodity . It is rarely found in a business where competition is encouraged and opportunity winner take all. Huge gigantic . What I have experienced in here I don't see much hope . There are spaces between some posters in here and the voices inside there heads . It is a huge challenge to deal with . I'm willing to express my ideas . Ed I have seen a good change come over you . Perhaps, It is my vision that has cleared . Where do we start ? Ground rules strict and some will say oppressive . Has to be clearly concise no wavering and understood . This is about families!!! Not just jobs and who is bigger etc all that crap . Is it possible to take a band of Pirates and have them understand the law of the sea ???????????>>>

June 11, 2009 at 11:23 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

If no one else want to hear from someone with experience from both ends of the playing field, I certainly do, even if you need to take it to a different forum or e-mail.

But, I would wager that even with negativity in many comments, that there would still be enough others here to encourage you to start a new thread, or would you prefer someone else start it. If so, I will put a title on one after I see your response indicating so.

I think the Power of Co-Op Networking is greatly under-utilized, except for marketing pack printing companies.

Band together and feast, lest the jobs that are plucked away from those of you who have a stake in the fight, will be picked off like carrion by the buzzards.

Ed>>>

June 11, 2009 at 6:01 p.m.

CIAK

Back in the day we had a local roofing association ..most of it was just a lot of roofers getting together to talk about what the other guy was doing . This wasn't and for the most part used to create situations that didn't work. That being said perhaps a way to create local jobs to ward off the stormers would be to form a group that would watch for an impending storm get the word out before the storm hit and start with the local guy getting the jump . Of course I have been so maligned by the RCS ers it becomes a question of why I would even care. :( I have some ideas about how this might be accomplished>>>

June 11, 2009 at 1:56 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

If you are too small on your own to set up a canvassing team, or think that you are, then form a liason with one or two other local contractors in the same boat as you and co-op a 3 contractor team splitting up the canvassing costs and leads.

Fight fire with a better brand of fire.

One contractor may be too small to put a dent in the out of towners game plan, but a liason could build up a very lucrative plan, beneficial to more of the local good guys and also commit to being there when the stormers are all gone.

I think it is more than a Win-Win situation myself.

Ed>>>

June 11, 2009 at 7:49 a.m.

RandyB1986

Twill.....these stormers are hammering me down this way. They all have blank contracts that they get signed. I am thinking about sitting up a tent in a parking lot with a huge banner that has this headline.

What do you think?>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Cotney Consulting Group - Banner Ad - Live Estimating Training
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Leap - Sidebar - CTS + EV Giveaway - May 24
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
RoofSnap - Sidebar - Gutter Measurements
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar