English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Progressive Materials - Sidebar - Free Samples
McCormack - Sidebar - Succession and Exit Planning - Watch Now
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I'm open for some opinions from you guys

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

I am seeking a job position that will put me at odds with roofing contractors that are seeking a perceived unfair estimate from the Insurance Company. I'll be working with the insurance companies to help arbitrate based on over 30 years of roofing experience. I may be seeing Pocket Kang in person . That would be interesting. HOw do you think this will play out. Does it make anyone think I've gone to the Dark side?? I'm looking for dialogue.>>>

March 11, 2009 at 11:57 a.m.

Miscreant

This is turning into the airplane thread :laugh:

I was going to ask if my number could be 1, but then I realized that implied there would be a #2 and nobody wants another one of me. :laugh:>>>

March 10, 2009 at 4:38 p.m.

CIAK

Hey there CCB#183490 cool. A number is as good a way to interact with someone and determine who they are. Now if you will post your bank account number , social security numbers private home phone numbers .I think that would be a great start. Just fun'in :laugh: :laugh: to try to emphasize the futile attempt at determining who someone is by numbers. Thanks for chiming in. Welcome back!!>>>

March 10, 2009 at 2:04 p.m.

Roofsrus1

Darn!! I am glad that I came back to this forum as this thread and its posts have been very interesting as I did not know that so many wondered if each other has a state license or not. If any one wonders old Roofsrus used to have , in Oregon, a number at the CCB which was CCB#97436 but now have the number of CCB#183490. This information can be found at at: http://ccb.state.or.us/>>>

March 6, 2009 at 8:18 a.m.

CIAK

Johnny I sent you an email . The last contact I had with you things were back on track and moving along smoothly . If you get it or read this chime in. I'm following up with people who I have been trying to help and haven't heard from/>>>

March 5, 2009 at 4:19 p.m.

CIAK

Thanks Ed , We have some heated discussions , I have never lost respect for you because of them . I have maintained and still believe it is not the process . Most likely it is the individuals . That problem can be circumvented It is more of a hassle sometimes than we may want it . That goes for the other side of this issue also. I don't care who you are if you are a spade is a spade. Even at that it is open for interpretation>>>

March 5, 2009 at 3:23 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

I will publicly comment that Ciak has provided assistance with trying to resolve an insurance claim that is over one year old now and has pointed me in a couple of directions to get the matter resolved.

By the way, yes I did see your e-mail today, but had to leave right after I read it. Thanks for following up.

Another thing that Ciak can testify to, is that I have been as open and controversial regarding differences of opinion on other insurance matters directly with him, engaging in lengthy debates about various merits, but just because we may have conflicting view points, does not at all diminish a mutual respect garnered towards each other.

If you think someone is a fraud, tell them straight out. I don't think that this forum requires you to be a current roofing contractor to post, nor even a current roofing company employee, does it? All that I see, is just a group camaraderie amongst brethren souls.

Ed>>>

March 5, 2009 at 10:01 a.m.

CIAK

Cool....Thanks for bowing out JET finally, Now maybe this topic can get back on track. I have as John mentioned a lot of info for those who care to take advantage of it . I don't make the rules and I for one am an opportunist. I don't think John speaks for the majority here. Even if he does I suppose it doesn't change a thing. If you have a problem with insurance claims I am a source that may be able to get you through some of the hoops. Most of the time as stated in many many other threads and from other posters insurance work can be very lucrative. I think it would be some advantage to have inside info in a process that isn't well understood by most contractors. I believe that is why it is so disliked .I have helped some on here with their problems and I am working hard to help with others. I don't know about you John . I have been inundated about this thread.>>>

March 5, 2009 at 8:46 a.m.

JET

Actually I'm going for the "most views" record here guys. This place has been a bit "dormant" the past months and a little "back and forth" never hurt any board as long as it remains civil ;) ;) For anyone coming in on the end of this little "diatribe" it all started when CIAK posted one of his favorite kind of troll questions. I think I represent the majority here when it comes to our feelings about insurance carriers, their lackeys, and how it affects our profession. You're known by the company you keep, as they say. When I gave my "opinion" (per his request) he took it personally and started questioning my reasoning, ethics, morals, et al. I dunno about the rest of you but I always feel it's necessary to defend myself (or in this case my "opinion"). If Chuck really does have five brothers I'm sure he had his azz kicked pretty regularly. I had to tussle with the boys in the hood for fun since I only had a big sister at home and the folks made it clear I had to treat her nice. :P :P I'm going to remove myself from this thread now as I feel it's not going to reveal what I'm sure we'd all like to know about CIAK. Chuck's "secrets" are safe.......for a while at least B) B)

JET>>>

March 5, 2009 at 7:18 a.m.

CIAK

savvy . Maybe if you had a longer blade on the knife . http://www.piratesplunder.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=225 B)>>>

March 5, 2009 at 7:04 a.m.

Jack-Legge

Ole Jack is just pokin humor at the whole thing ther Mister Chuck. Bringin a knife to a gun fite is in reference to the fact that Jack's mind is that much inferior to the contents of the conversation........savvy?>>>

March 5, 2009 at 6:54 a.m.

CIAK

I'm not seeing it as a threat. Thanks Jackleg , I love the avatar and character . Very cool . What am I missing here . " i dunno " !!>>>

March 5, 2009 at 6:41 a.m.

Jack-Legge

Arrrrrr, well shiver me timberlines ther, Ole Jack has come to a gun fite with a knife..... Alllll, I am, sayyyyingggggg is give peace a channnnnce.....ar ar ar ar ar ar ar. Sounds like pistols at ten paces to Ole Jack :woohoo: ;)>>>

March 5, 2009 at 6:01 a.m.

CIAK

Thanks TRG. I don't mind the inquisitions , JET has some personal problems , perhaps and this may be a way for him to relieve his frustration. I know who I am what I think without confusion .This is minor , sophomoric in it nature. I really like the junior high bully thug inference about smoking dope put the pipe down :laugh: :laugh: Sometime I think it gets my juices running . Growing up with 5 brothers the teasing we gave out and got . This is nothing. It doesn't mean I don't like jet I think I do . He just needs to put a cone on his head and go sit in the corner for some time out.>>>

March 4, 2009 at 4:26 p.m.

CIAK

I don't have to say it again John . Don't hold your breath I haven't signed up yet. I know there is another Thompson roofing contractor here. I have lost track of him . His wife THE LOVELY MRS CIAK and I a few years back were close . I was hoping you were his brother . Guess not.>>>

March 4, 2009 at 10:05 a.m.

JET

Put that pipe down dude, you're gettin' delusional again. Answer the questions, we can't wait until the paper comes out........

JET>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

McCormack - Banner - Succession and Exit Planning - Watch Now
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23