English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

I have SO HAD IT!!!....

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

andy

with the schmucks in this trade.

A customer who I flashed a chimney for this spring called on a complaint of curling on his seven year old laminated shingle roof. Inspection revealed that at least a 4 sq area was nailed high (within one inch of the top>>>

August 21, 2008 at 2:48 a.m.

The SEAN

Andy, I'm repairing those exact types of roofs almost daily!!!

I have to tell you, I am happy those guys are out there roofing, I am going to be busy for a long time!! I may not be roofing very many house, but I am repairing LOTS of them! My profits ar>>>

August 20, 2008 at 11:12 p.m.

andy

Thanks, RG and Jedd. That's about what my line of thinking was also. We actually used just a hair over 3 sq, and his bill was around $900. He said he was paying us with his summer property tax money. Didn't say how he was going to pay his taxes, but>>>

August 20, 2008 at 1:25 a.m.

andy

pgriz wrote: [quote]..... There comes a point where people don't understand "value" or "quality" or even "integrity" because they don't practice it and don't come across it. And when they do, they don't recognize it. Their loss. :([/q>>>

August 19, 2008 at 3:01 p.m.

pgriz

So, 2ndGen, you're pointing out the difference between "looking" successful, and "being" successful. But that's popular culture for you. We can see the same thing in body image (looking good is more important than being healthy), fashion (looking>>>

August 19, 2008 at 1:22 p.m.

roofer2

It ain't just the hacks that are "hacks"...:laugh:

I remember working this wood shingle roof. The owner of the company said I was going too slow while installing the hips. I told him I didn't want to make any mistakes especially on a thousand dollar>>>

August 19, 2008 at 11:19 a.m.

andy

I can't be too hard on the customer . . . he was recovering from a coronary bypass at the time and his thinking may have been fogged by more pressing concerns. Or mebbie he really was going cheap. He's NOW willing to spend whatever it takes to correct>>>

August 19, 2008 at 12:47 a.m.

max

Hmmmmm Poor quality and a low price. I wonder if there is some sort of connection.

I have a few customers lately that paid many times over for the fake savings from a cheap roof. I also speculate that I made more repairing the roof than the hacks made>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register