English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

how would you respond to this customer's question?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

builderr

I bid a job yesterday that the customer was choosing a GAF that was only made in a 50 year shingle.....a blue blende. They asked for a 5 year warranty on workmanship along with the manufacturers warranty on the product. They asked me today at the closin>>>

August 24, 2008 at 5:56 a.m.

Mr. Helper

I have never been asked this but since it is so rare I wouldn't mind photocopying the invoice & passing it on to them. I accept the contrary viewpoint as valid also. Small potatoes to me.>>>

August 21, 2008 at 1:23 p.m.

max

I've never had it come up. I usually put all the info in the proposal and the invoice. More of way to list what color and style in case they need warranty service or have damage.

I register the extended warranties of course when I sell an Integrity roo>>>

August 21, 2008 at 1:04 p.m.

Slick

Hi,

I regester the manufactuers warranty for each customer. They get a copy of the manufactuers warranty with the homeowner's name, address, product's installed, date.>>>

August 21, 2008 at 10:33 a.m.

A-T-T

Well put Roofscape. The customers receipt is my invoice. Not a copy of my wholesale receipt. Let's say I purchase and warehouse 5000 Sqr. of shingles. The shingles may sit in my warehouse for months or years before the are installed. do the want the>>>

August 21, 2008 at 6:46 a.m.

Brian

It's never that easy Ed. Customers look at the invoice and say "the materials only cost $2500 but you charged me $7500?"! Anyway, I can go on and on about the reasons why you shouldnt do it, but it's your company, your money, your time and your headac>>>

August 20, 2008 at 10:14 p.m.

N8

There is not legitimate reason, besides trying to keep the material prices a secret from the customer, that they should not have the purchase order or even a copy of the actual invoice from the supplier if they request it.

Actually, if they desire, they>>>

August 20, 2008 at 3:54 p.m.

Terry D

The way I see it, they are purchasing your services, NOT the materials. You are supplying the materials to complete your service. The manufacturer does not require proof of purchase in receipt form for the warranty to be in effect. Fill out the warrant>>>

August 20, 2008 at 1:00 a.m.

Brian

Their proof of purchase is your contractual agreement that both parties sign and date. That should be accompanied later with the warranty card that Certainteed and GAF both furnish. It should state the materials installed and the date. You furnish the mat>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024 - Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
USG - Sidebar - Fire
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024