User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
Westlake ad corrected size
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How would YOU handle this pipe?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Hammerhead1

Pitch pocket? Field wrap? New flange? :unsure: Doing a tear off, new ISO and EPDM going back on. It's a warranted job.>>>

November 3, 2008 at 11:06 p.m.

tinner666

:woohoo: I just take the tiger saw and cut them off flush with the roof. Then just do a simple patch, or breather vent.>>>

November 3, 2008 at 5:10 p.m.

Mike H

make sure you have adequate means of securing the PVC pipe to the deck. That's normally the problem with this type of gooseneck, compared to a metal pipe where you can have a deck flange welded.

Otherwise the pipe will just fall through the deck, and a>>>

November 2, 2008 at 10:42 p.m.

Hammerhead1

Thanks for the pics and info Nochit. I didn't think of using pvc like that. The frig. company is going to be there to disconnect and reconnect so it should be no problem.>>>

November 2, 2008 at 4:08 a.m.

Mike H

That first pic................ someone chopped the head off the goose on the left. LOL>>>

November 2, 2008 at 2:55 a.m.

Ralph

perhaps PVC with a standard 3" collar would be a decent alternative to a metal shop. I see that around these parts often.>>>

November 2, 2008 at 2:45 a.m.

Ralph

[quote]Telling the owner "That's above my roof and isn't my problem" won't look or sound so good when a guy like me tells him what you could have done to make it right the first time.

well said my conservative friend....;)>>>

October 31, 2008 at 2:35 a.m.

TARBABY

J vent= a sheet metal deal you put around the lines and solder close>>>

October 30, 2008 at 8:17 p.m.

Hammerhead1

Does anyone have a photo of a new gooseneck on the roof (no dead goose pictures please)? Boy that one looks like a nightmare. Did you replace that roof egg?>>>

October 30, 2008 at 10:26 a.m.

A-T-T

Egg - love the plywood. :)>>>

October 30, 2008 at 4:55 a.m.

johnw

Takes a little time, what with the plywood and all, but you can see it pays off in the long run. j/k>>>

October 30, 2008 at 4:51 a.m.

johnw

. >>>

October 29, 2008 at 11:03 p.m.

Hammerhead1

"The existing pipe is packed w/ pourable sealant or cement." There is no leakage here. I will most likely be the one doing the maintenance on this roof once replaced and I am giving a guarantee and warranty on it. I'm not looking to cut a corner, but>>>

October 29, 2008 at 1:48 p.m.

Mike H

Telling the owner "That's above my roof and isn't my problem" won't look or sound so good when a guy like me tells him what you could have done to make it right the first time.>>>

October 29, 2008 at 1:47 p.m.

Mike H

The warranty might end at the boot, but your reputation as a professional roofer extends far beyond it.>>>

October 28, 2008 at 8:45 p.m.

Hammerhead1

The F.S.R. finally got back to me. He said all of the above would suffice, but an easier method would be to just field wrap the pipe or install a boot as long as we can get it clean enough to prime. The roof system and warranty ends at the top of the bo>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sherwin-Williams - Banner Ad - Emulate
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos