Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Leister - Sidebar - VARIMAT + LQS - May
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Kool Seal - Sidebar - Sales Rep - May 24
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How would YOU handle this pipe?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

roofer man

As I can recall, the NRCA published a picture of the metal box I described in their manual years ago. IMHO this is the simplest and most practical resolution. Insofar as a gooseneck, you may be able to purchase a 2" aluminum gooseneck conduit from electr>>>

October 28, 2008 at 12:44 p.m.

Mike H

to make a gooseneck pipe, you'll likely need the assitance of a qualified sheet metal shop with pipe bending tools, or have it fabricated from flat sheet steel in a square configuration.>>>

October 28, 2008 at 11:50 a.m.

dogg69

What do you make the goose-neck pipe out of? askses Mister Hammerheadahangin

First things first ther laddie, Firstley, find ye a goose, then take the ole axe.......well shurely ye know tha rest of tha storey. ar ar ar ar ar ar.

YO HO HO AN A BUCKET>>>

October 28, 2008 at 11:45 a.m.

dogg69

Arrrrrr, well shiver me monaysssss ther, we says. Ole Jack kan give ye tha answer to tha inquisatorey that ye be a askin ther, Mister Hammerheadahangin, he kan for shure. btw ther , hows ye hammerahangin ther?, Mister hammerheadahangin., ar ar ar ar ar ar>>>

October 27, 2008 at 11:38 p.m.

Hammerhead1

What do you make the goose-neck pipe out of? The existing pipe is packed w/ pourable sealant or cement. Would the goose-neck go over the existing vent pipe entirely?>>>

October 27, 2008 at 3:21 a.m.

Mike H

The real easy way to do it is to make a goose-neck pipe, fish the plumbing through the pipe and flash the pipe with a boot. Fill the end of the goose-neck with foam or some other compound to keep the bees out.>>>

October 26, 2008 at 3:58 p.m.

roofer man

Pipes as is guaranteed to leak. These refrigerant lines have one hot and one cold line, and any gunk around them will surely melt. Suggest you make a metal box (galvanized, copper, whatever) approx. 12" high (Depends on snow depths expected) w/ 4" flan>>>

October 26, 2008 at 12:44 p.m.

Slick

Hi,

Ask the guy who will inspect it.>>>

October 26, 2008 at 9:41 a.m.

A-T-T

ChemCurb.>>>

October 26, 2008 at 12:31 a.m.

Hammerhead1

and again:S >>>

October 26, 2008 at 12:24 a.m.

Hammerhead1

again>>>

October 26, 2008 at 12:19 a.m.

Hammerhead1

OK that sucked. Before you answer my question... I'm going to ask another. How do you resize a picture so it can be posted?>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Solar Distribution
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
RoofSnap - Sidebar - Gutter Measurements