User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

cone shaped territs, or towers

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

cucukacho

How would you as a professional roofer, measure sq. footage of a cone shaped roofing structure, and install it?

I have searched the net and do not understand>>>

November 5, 2008 at 7:19 a.m.

cucukacho

REAL SLATER:

It's just a question?

I think I just figured out why you have Roofer Enemies.>>>

October 14, 2008 at 10:16 p.m.

tinner666

Old School wrote: [quote]Tinner, Looks good! I can't tell from the picture, but did you flat seam the joints on that one? If the rafters aren't more than ten feet, you could take a sheet and cut out triangles eand then squar3 the bottoms. If y>>>

October 14, 2008 at 4:18 a.m.

Emeril Lagasse

I have yet to measure a turret to date. After some careful thinking, I have concluded that "House of Pain" has the correct formula. I have read the other blogs, though some are:) right, the language gets too confusing. Thanks for the education "Dr.>>>

October 14, 2008 at 12:39 a.m.

RABOIN

Slater, the problem is that a lot of the "experts" don't know what they are doing either! How is one to tell? Maybe by the size of their trucks or their yellow pages ads! Oh Boy!>>>

October 12, 2008 at 1:33 p.m.

Rolf

how do you measure it and install it? install what? man if i was you i would give the lead to a friend or local professional who is experienced. on the job training for a contractor is extremely unfair to the customer. you will keep a better name for your>>>

October 11, 2008 at 12:47 a.m.

RABOIN

Tinner, Looks good! I can't tell from the picture, but did you flat seam the joints on that one? If the rafters aren't more than ten feet, you could take a sheet and cut out triangles eand then squar3 the bottoms. If you use coils you could do the sa>>>

October 6, 2008 at 5:51 p.m.

tinner666

With all the attempted 're-directs' on the site installed by ahacker, it's been pretty hard. Seems ok now.

I always 'awagged' my estimates on them. I order more than needed as a rule. nd then figure how long it's gonna take, how much scaffold and>>>

October 5, 2008 at 1:37 a.m.

RABOIN

Area is length thimes width. The "length" is the perimeter or circumference of the circle. That can be measured if you can get to it, or the other way is to measure the length across on the ground; The "diameter" and multiply it by 3.14 to get the c>>>

October 2, 2008 at 3:00 a.m.

johnw

It isn't exactly the same; the rafter is a bit longer than the height but no matter...so much of the job is tied up with labor and waste, that ball-parking the square footage can truly be forgiven and forgotten. HOP is right on with the floor measureme>>>

October 2, 2008 at 2:26 a.m.

cucukacho

Rafter length would be the same as the height or slope distance of the cone I take it?>>>

October 1, 2008 at 4:41 p.m.

johnw

The basic problem with diameters and radii is these turrets are often barely accessible and you can't pass a tape through them so it's difficult to get those measurements unless you have a set of plans in front of you. As mentioned, you can get a rafte>>>

October 1, 2008 at 2:02 p.m.

roofer man

Double checked your formula for kicks and it is correct. Another way of describing it more graphically is to use descriptive geometry, i.e. use a compass w/ the rafter length as the radius, and describe a circle whose circumference equals pi(3.14) times t>>>

September 30, 2008 at 10:32 a.m.

jfreynik

HOP we posted at the same time. My metal I was referring to is hand made standing seam panels. You could buy pre-made panels but judging from the questions being asked I don't think he would know how to figure it.>>>

September 30, 2008 at 10:27 a.m.

jfreynik

Material type matters because lets say your doing it in metal, each pan needs to be cut to a point , so there's a lot of waste. in that case you would figure radius x length of rafter. Figure it as square. For slate, 5% waste would not be enough , every>>>

September 30, 2008 at 5:23 a.m.

cucukacho

Would it be 1/2 the radius times the slant or rafter length times 3.14? Do you need to find the radius first? Just run a tape around the bottom? Asking to figure material ammount. Why would material type matter? I understand the material ammounts that mak>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Tremco - Banner Ad - Restoration Guide
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
ICP - Sidebar Ad - APOC Professional Protection
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch