English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Business software

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

HappyRoofer1

the business plan has to have good internal support from the best software one can implement. As compitition tightens the shop that is the leanest will benifit. Low overhead costs are key as many of you know to having a lean functioning buisness.

For general discussion I would like to know how much roofers depend on there business software- from estimating,proposing,budgeting,purchasing,tracking and billing. How many roofers out there use a dispatching type software module along with estimating for contract work etc.

Service is a big part of the successful roofer. Trackiing what was done on that call is important too. Being able to tell an Owner of 100 different addresses what you did to a particular address 3 years ago is impressive. Keeping track of owners roofs is benificial for continued business if the Owner sells the property. It many times the business always comes back to you.

any one want to say what they use?

The hand written business is going extinct and will some day cripple a business because they will not be able to play at the same level as their more digitally attuned competitors.

>>>

May 11, 2014 at 6:55 p.m.

will

We use A CRM called Sidekick soon to be Kickserve

May 4, 2014 at 5:10 p.m.

Lefty1

We do not use Contracker anymore. We use DataForma. Quickbooks for accounting.

May 4, 2014 at 4:22 p.m.

Dmax

I've always been using paper but since I am not the most organized, I have lost a few invoices and I wasn't satisfied with the fact that it wasn't giving off a professional for my company.

I recently found a program called Street Invoice and it has helped me a lot. I send the invoice to my customer on my phone while I am still at their house so I stopped losing invoices or forgetting to mail them out. It's quite simple to use it has really helped me a lot!

The reality is that our society has been completely taken over by the digital. I agree that paper will soon be extinct.

Dan

March 24, 2009 at 10:03 p.m.

kevin

hey Mike H. How is that web base program Scott Walz put together working for ya?

Signed Kevin (not been here in long time) :unsure: :laugh:>>>

March 22, 2009 at 7:51 p.m.

Mike H

Office programs for most management stuff.

The Construction Manager for accounting.

Roof Pro, and a custom written web database for customer's to logon and track their roofs, invoices, repair status, photos, etc....>>>

March 22, 2009 at 5:53 p.m.

Lefty

Hi,

QuickBooks and Contracker>>>

March 22, 2009 at 12:30 p.m.

builderr

I used microsoft office since 1993 I also set up quickbooks pro and use them together.... I use microsoft access (database) for work orders i set up an estimating spreadsheet using excel I know that there are others more integrated, but it seems that all they have done is personalize microsoft.... even free stuff like star office have programs to do what you want.

construction software is like NASCAR...you can have the nicest, fastest car on the track, but if you know nothing about driving......you don't have a chance.>>>

March 22, 2009 at 8:36 a.m.

OLE Willie

We use a program for invoicing and a simple form created on microsoft works for work orders/material orders and contracts.But as far as all the rest the truth is unless your doing tons and tons of work you can simply file your paperwork alphabetically and by the year and pull it when/if needed in about the same amount of time you can bring up your computer program. lol And it would be filed much faster than inputting all the info into a program which creates extra work. Most all of which you should never need again. Fancy gadgets can seem impressive but the basics are the heart of a roofing business. Most of the success is in the estimating/selling and doing the work professionally which while the office part is certainly important does not occur in an office.>>>

March 22, 2009 at 12:19 a.m.

Roofsrus1

One day that will be ever so true but right now with the economy being so bad you would not believe the number of roof estimates that are handwritten. Handwritten not only on sheets of papers but on the backs of business cards and also envelopes. Envelopes are especially the type that the low ball, unlicensed contractors are using in this area of the Pacific Northwest.>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Spanish Lunch & Learn Series
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder