English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - Increase Your Revenue - Ad 1
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

"Why are RVO-38 metal attic vents rotated and installed with the seam facing down and away from the water flow?"

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Emeril Lagasse

Doing a roof cert for a realty firm at a couple of newly roofed apts last week. Met with the rep. for the roofing co. on a re-inspect date, gigged him on the vents as well as the vented ridge and ridgecap shingles for improper installation. I learned th>>>

December 2, 2008 at 3:12 a.m.

johnw

I'm afraid I'm just not following the problem here. Somewhere along the line, the written description is not translating into an accurate physical depiction of what the issue regarding these vents is. I am assuming we are talking about 'slant-backed>>>

December 2, 2008 at 1:46 a.m.

RABOIN

Just tell them that when you fight the water, you lose....every time. The have already lost, they just don't know it yet!>>>

December 1, 2008 at 9:25 p.m.

kgrampp

"newly roofed appt" sounds low bid to me...thats what ya get....BOBO>>>

December 1, 2008 at 3:53 p.m.

Emeril Lagasse

Thanks for the responce guys, I did not find any instructions in packaging or the web, Distributer agrees as well but he cannot back it up either.... To answer "dannybon", the roofers installed 10D nails on one building and 2" simplex on the other for>>>

December 1, 2008 at 1:21 p.m.

RABOIN

I use the lamonco vents and they have "UP" on the top of them, and it is part of the stamping as it is "in" the metal.>>>

December 1, 2008 at 12:55 p.m.

kgrampp

(it is crazy that someone could do this wrong) BUT you should have documentation on this(i have seen so many times when an inspector shows up thinking he knows all and totally makes an ass out of himself by throwing out an opinion not a fact) . and what>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SOPREMA -   Banner Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand) New Design
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
RoofSnap - Sidebar - Gutter Measurements
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2