English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

We shoveled the snow and then roofed today

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

RABOIN

It was cold and snowy, but we ended up getting a full day in and most of the shingles on the roof we are building. We put a heater in the new attic we built to warm up the roof and keep it from freezing. Shoveled the snow and emptied the tarps, decked t>>>

December 8, 2008 at 7:43 a.m.

Mike H

Snow removal is not figured into our bids. The only way it happens is in the case of an emergency, tight schedule, or we get paid to do it.

But we don't sit around on our arses (NZ), must of us go hunting. LOL>>>

December 6, 2008 at 6:06 p.m.

johnw

Finishing up a Ct. Tri-lam job. It's too different animals. In the sun it's just a fat laminate. In the cold it's a monstrous struggle. Beats up your cuticles, gives you pinks, fights you all the way. They ought to be shot for packaging those thin>>>

December 5, 2008 at 12:26 a.m.

RABOIN

GAK Good to have you back on the Forum. We have this one to finish and another small repair to do and then we are about done with the outside work. I have some inside remodels to work on and some unemployment to collect. I certainly agree with you ab>>>

December 4, 2008 at 10:28 p.m.

REDSHIRT ROOFING

We do on occasion shovel snow to get some work done but I have to say that I am not a big fan of winter work any more. Maybe I am getting spoiled. I price my work to allow for off time in the winter. It is a lot more dangerous to have a crew working steep>>>

December 4, 2008 at 3:16 a.m.

kgrampp

yup same here>>>

December 4, 2008 at 2:14 a.m.

RABOIN

This was a complicated over-build and we couldn't start to roof it until most everything was built. We did have tarps over everything, but there are a bunch of units in the way and the tarps either had to go over them or around them. The bottom is a fl>>>

December 3, 2008 at 10:15 p.m.

kgrampp

old school i forget where your located but i am sure we will be doing the same with the snow soon>>>

December 3, 2008 at 7:21 p.m.

Emeril Lagasse

In the Pac NW, we "let it Rain" and continue to plug through. For years, we have been insulated by mild weather and from the national economy. The economy is hitting us hard now, we need a storm or two to get us going.>>>

December 3, 2008 at 12:14 p.m.

A-T-T

I'm glad I can't relate to you situation. :P I debating wether to go to work today because the temperature here is 57° F. That's 20° below normal here for this time of year. :)>>>

December 3, 2008 at 6:05 a.m.

johnw

The last few days we've had to wait for the fog to clear. Very painful, working in the fog. We really miss that summer weather, I'll tell ya. That snow doesn't sound like a pleasant way to work. Glad we don't have to deal with it because we are sof>>>

December 3, 2008 at 3:10 a.m.

Hilite

If we don't get a good melt off tomorrow and if snow is on the menu going to have to clear off a roof then start tearing off on Thursday.

Still have four jobs to do this month. 23sq 4/12 two layer tear off, 45sq 10/12 cedar shake tear off/install, 60sq>>>

December 3, 2008 at 1:42 a.m.

robert

Cool,real cool wish it were me!Not!:laugh:>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCS - L&L contest
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio