English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

RCS AND A RETURN TO IT'S FORMER GLORY

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

egg

Haven't had enough airplane threads.

Things wax and wane in everything.

A lot of us were just getting used to the internet so that fed interest. A wide range of personalities were at work figuring out where they fit, so that fed interest.

Social networking might have called away a few, but this place was the de facto social networking for many of us, at least to a significant degree. (I've had a Facebook account for ages, but every time I think it might be time to check in there I get an image in my mind of that kid's Artificial Intelligence face and remember when they ripped down my own handiwork there and stuffed it full of timelines and stuff they though would be cooler than cool. My son likes it but I find it shallow and empty-headed.)

A number of the people with fire, both good and bad, are now out of the business. A number of us are older and don't sit at the computer when we have grandkids to entertain us now.

All it takes is a mutual interest in what we are all doing and thinking to generate a greater interest. It could return in a flash, with or without the old group of personalities. I used to spend a steadily increasing time on the computer and now I try to do it all in small blocks.

I still drive around every day, though, with a small green stone on my keychain that I got from answering a lot of quiz questions several years ago. Once in awhile I'll let someone use the keys, but I make it clear they are not to harm that stone. Million dollars worth of happy memories regularly evoked by one little trinket. All y'all are with me forever.

Doing a lot of reading at night these days, time I used to spend on the web. Most recently the complete writings of Thomas Paine, published in 1945 and a history of Europe from 1600 to 1830 published originally in 1913. I read the 800 page revision re-published in 1930. Got a lot of old books when we went through my mom's library after she died a year ago. Had a lot of catching up to do and gearing up to write a family history, such as I can. It has already been consuming a lot of energy.

Working steadily as usual. (Use it or lose it.) I'm sure it would be harder if I didn't love the work, but I just plain do and that's the truth. 65 and still rockin'. Thank you, God, for another day.

April 20, 2013 at 5:47 p.m.

Old School

I think Sean has some of it. I also think thar if more of the guys would post pictures of the jobs they are working on, we would get a lot more comments. Questions about certain details and the advantages of doing things one way as opposed to another. Ther are "lurkers" too and I think that would teach them a lot and maybe get them to log on and comment too. I am thankful that Mike from NZ has gotten back on. He always posts pictures and if you notice, they get a lot of comments. he is just good at what he does too.

April 20, 2013 at 4:37 p.m.

GSD

No, I don't think it has. We have really talked about everything we can about roofing throughout the years prior. now a new topic will come up from time to time. But more important, I think the guys and gals are respectful to RCS and are not filling the board up with off topic threads.

If you notice, when a new "real" topic comes up, most do jump in and comment.

I think also, some of the original posters don't have the patience for new people with the same old problems we have disscussed years ago many times over.

thats my 2 cents. :)

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

FRSA - Banner Ad - FRSA Expo 2024
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
Leister - Sidebar - VARIMAT + LQS - May
RoofSnap - Sidebar - Gutter Measurements
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
Hi Peak SIdebar Ad