Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Polyglass - Sidebar - ADESO + FRSA - May 24
Maven Group SIdebar Ad
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - May 2024 Unmatched, Unlimited, Uncompromising
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Please allow me to introduce myself....

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

JEBROOFER

Hey, Everybody.

I was trying to be creative and funny when I created my user name but then I figured I'd just be right up front so nobody has any doubt where I'm coming from. I joined for educational purposes. I am hoping to learn from you all about>>>

December 2, 2008 at 2:02 a.m.

RABOIN

Shoot, they can find out anyway. I still say that a person has to WANT to do things the correct way and then do it to make a difference. If they are doing everything right, then their costs and prices will be the same and you should get the work anyway>>>

December 1, 2008 at 4:03 p.m.

JEBROOFER

Ed the Roofer; You mentioned groups/certifications. There are some out there that might make sense to be a member of just so you can say you are one. NRCA, BBB or your local NARI chapter may make sense depending on your market. Some markets have their ow>>>

December 1, 2008 at 3:42 p.m.

JEBROOFER

Woah, guys. I know I'm new but give me a little credit, huh? I would never pass along any info I thought was any kind of trade secret! It does me no good to help one guy if it kills my relationship with another. I probably should not have used>>>

November 25, 2008 at 2:02 p.m.

SteeleRoofing

Old School wrote: [quote]Aw heck guys. Why would we care if they passed on a few of our techniques? Most of the others wouldn't know what to do with the techniques anyway.

It was about 25 years ago when a competitor came up to me at a c>>>

November 24, 2008 at 2:11 a.m.

RABOIN

We can always lie! Shoot, I get 25 miles a gallon with my truck. I drive it 14 and push it 11. Something like that?

I aggree with EGG. Most things we do to improve the quality aren't magic, but they do take more time and money. That is why people>>>

November 23, 2008 at 6:36 a.m.

johnw

You mean like spilling the beans that Wilt Chamberlain pulled off his slam-dunks by using tall, springy tennis shoes? If we've got a magic trick, it's our job to protect it, but over half the things I do that separate me merely take more time and money>>>

November 23, 2008 at 5:29 a.m.

Mike H

NoChit wrote:

So next time you pass on "best practice" spare a thought for the guy you stole the idea off ........ you probably stole his advantage ......... over the guy who didn't know how to do it.

That was exactly my thought. I>>>

November 23, 2008 at 1:52 a.m.

RABOIN

Aw heck guys. Why would we care if they passed on a few of our techniques? Most of the others wouldn't know what to do with the techniques anyway. I share as much as I can with the other roofers around here. I offered to teach a lot of them about sla>>>

November 22, 2008 at 5:46 a.m.

HailCat56

>Although I respect the organizational efforts and lobbying done by the NRCA, I feel that that organization does not sincerely view the smaller to medium sized contractor with the same criteria as the larger commercial and potentially union sized shops.

>>>

November 22, 2008 at 5:31 a.m.

HailCat56
November 22, 2008 at 12:19 a.m.

N8

Jim,

I look forward to hearing from the retailers perspective, or would that more properly be the wholesalers.....?

Besides the manufacturers credentials, what business and marketing programs do you think would be viable for the supply houses to invest>>>

November 20, 2008 at 10:45 p.m.

JEBROOFER

....but I must again be honest and admit I occasionally wear suede shoes!>>>

November 20, 2008 at 10:43 p.m.

JEBROOFER

Egg, good post. You'd be the kind of guy I like dealing with most. Some guys, when they see me coming, are only interested in whether I've got a free shirt or hat for them and "oh, by the way, your price is too high". Sounds corny but I do really f>>>

November 20, 2008 at 5:48 a.m.

johnw

I can only speak for myself and sometimes I think I am in a minority of roofers who have a real interest in the intrinsic nature of products and applications. Many people in this trade seem to just want to get by and make some money and put it behind the>>>

November 19, 2008 at 9:07 p.m.

tinner666

Howdy!>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

McCormack - Banner - Succession and Exit Planning - Watch Now
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Instant Roofer - Sidebar Ad - Free Leads May 2024
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
FRSA - Sidebar Ad - FRSA Expo 2024
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
RoofSnap - Sidebar - Gutter Measurements
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro