Français

User Access

The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Duro-last opinions needed

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Palmer1991

The employee running the robot welder was obviously not paying attention and the welder ran about 1" outside of the seam for about half the total lengths of the seams.  Do you think the welder running over the membrane outside of the seam creates a weak spot subject to premature failure?  Would love to post a pic, but I don't see how.  Thanks 

August 7, 2019 at 1:37 p.m.

roofrat

jabaqui@msn.com 

August 7, 2019 at 1:33 p.m.

Palmer1991

Sure, I'd like to get a picture to you if you can give me your email address.  Thanks.  Rock hall is pretty cool.   Most people in Cleveland are pretty nice.

August 7, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.

roofrat

I would think it should be ok as it's only a little scaring. Probably doesn't look the best however. Have you had issues before with this welder/ employee welding seams? I could send you an email address if you want to send a photo. Not much I can do here one hour east of Toronto but I can give you my 2 cents if that would help. Btw, took the wife to the rock and roll hall of fame in may and the people of Cleveland where very welcoming and accommodating. 

August 7, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.

Palmer1991

The integrity of the seam is fine, my concern is the membrane near the seam that was heated by the welder would be a weak spot.   I'm in Cleveland Ohio.   I wish I could post a picture. 

August 7, 2019 at 11:28 a.m.

roofrat

Sounds as if the iron needs adjustment. How is the integrity of the seam itself? I've had tpo seams do the same thing and they are still watertight to this day.( 10 plus years ago) . Not pretty but still effective. There is always the option of overlaying those seams too. Where are you located?

August 7, 2019 at 10:58 a.m.

Palmer1991

Yes, there is scaring outside the seam.  The membrane is melted, not entirely thru, about one inch outside of the seam.   I don't have the option to attach pictures.  Perhaps because I'm a new member.

August 7, 2019 at 8:16 a.m.

roofrat

I think I would be more concerned about the seam itself. If the robot was ran one inch outside of the seam, you would only have a half inch or so of weld. Is there any scaring or signs of the iron dragging along the outside of the seam? Pictures would be beneficial. 

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MetalForming - Banner Ad - Bend the Future
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)