User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Leap - Sidebar - CTS + EV Giveaway - May 24
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Cell phones go public the end of the month

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

CIAK

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public this month. REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

>>>

March 8, 2009 at 4:45 p.m.

CIAK

Busted The popcorn and the cell phone is a myth. Last night at dinner we all set our cell phones in a circle with the pop corn in it's proper place called them several times all ringing NO POP damn . I thought it would be kinda cool>>>

March 7, 2009 at 7:25 a.m.

CIAK

I posted this in the x post the HOP started . Cell phones will pop popcorn. Check it out.>>>

February 27, 2009 at 10:38 a.m.

CIAK

More cell phone stuff.......... You guys probably already know about this. This could be real handy, Compliments to Google, here's a number worth putting in your cell phone, or your home phone speed dial : 1-800-goog411. This is an awesome service from Google, and it's free -- great when you are on the road and I know what that is all over the country Don't waste your money on information calls and don't waste your time manually dialing the number. I am driving along in my car and I need to call the golf course and I don't know the number. I hit the speed dial for information that I have programmed.

The voice at the other end says, "City & State." I say, Garland , Texas ." He says, "Business, Name or Type of Service." I say, Firewheel Golf Course." He says, "Connecting" and Firewheel answers the phone. How great is that? This is nationwide and it is absolutely free! Watch the short clip for a quick demonstration : http://www.google.com/goog411/>>>

February 27, 2009 at 10:25 a.m.

Patty Cakes

Thanks Ed, just called in and registered or unregistered, which ever.

Segway about cell phones.

My 2 year old phone....battery died. Battery no longer available. Called Sprint about them not being able to fulfill their contract with me so I will charge them $200.00. They sweetly sent me a new phone (free of charge). OH OH no charger included, back on the phone OH that charger is discontinued. :dry: They sent me another phone (free of charge) A SLIDER WITH CAMERA :S They did include the encyclopedia for direction. :blush: I'll ask my grandaughter how to work it. :woohoo:>>>

February 26, 2009 at 9:59 p.m.

CIAK

Yeah I know that what it is. I posted the topic not checking it out on Snoops. I did call the number and registered the phones . My pizza hut etc calls have stopped. I hated getting calls from California Ohio Alabama Mississippi Kentucky Washington Oklahoma etc. you get the idea asking for one promotion or another . A real pain in the Arzz>>>

February 26, 2009 at 8:59 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Ciak,

I think that when you call Pizza Hut, and many others, you are just automatically being entered into their database, or some master list that is sold for the contact value.

It probably is not the case of telemarketers deluging you with calls, but more so that you provided them with your number through their contact retrieval system software.

Have you ever seen the screen at a Pizza Hut or some other chains? At some, your previous order history comes up as soon as your number is displayed on the caller id. They can ask if you want the same size pizza and toppings as you usually order, before you tel them anything.

Same goes for the preferred shopper cards at grocery store chains. The discount coupons are sent to you based on your previous history and what options you might be susceptible to try in the future, based on a compilation of user data.

Ed>>>

February 25, 2009 at 6:20 p.m.

CIAK

I'm not so nutty as some here with cell phones. I have a few cell phones with various numbers with different companies. I have registered my phones with them , the annoying phone calls have stopped, Now some may not know this . If you order a pizza with pizza hut and perhaps other vendors , the annoying calls for services rendered won't stop until you register. I spend a lot of time in various hotels and extend a stays around the country , order food in. I don't give my number out anymore.>>>

February 25, 2009 at 5:17 p.m.

Ed The Roofer

Not true, not only from Snopes, but also the FTC website and Urban Legends.

Ed

Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/cell411.asp

FTC: http://www.ftc.gov/donotcall Cell Phones You may place your personal cell phone number on the National Do Not Call Registry. The registry has accepted cell phone numbers since it opened for registrations in June 2003. There is no deadline to register a home or cell phone number on the Registry.

You may have received an email telling you that your cell phone is about to be assaulted by telemarketing calls as a result of a new cell phone number database; however, that is not the case. Federal Communications Commission regulations prohibit telemarketers from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers.

About.Com Urban Legends http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/business/a/cell_directory.htm Subject: Cell Phone Numbers

Pass it along...

REMEMBER: Cell Phone Numbers Go Public next month.

REMINDER.... all cell phone numbers are being released to telemarketing companies and you will start to receive sale calls.

.... YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THESE CALLS

To prevent this, call the following number from your cell phone: 888-382-1222. It is the National DO NOT CALL list. It will only take a minute of your time. It blocks your number for five (5) years. You must call from the cell phone number you want to have blocked. You cannot call from a different phone number.

HELP OTHERS BY PASSING THIS ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.. It takes about 20 seconds.

-----------------------------------

Comments: Yes, you can add your cell phone number(s) to the National Do Not Call Registry.

But no, you won't suddenly be at the mercy of 10,000 telemarketers if you don't.

While it's true that several of the major wireless phone providers announced a plan some years ago to establish a 411 directory of customers' cell phone numbers, it is not true that the plan involved publishing said directory for any and all to read. Participating companies said the numbers would be made available only via telephone, only to users who dialed directory assistance and paid a fee, and only with customer consent.

In any case, the point has been moot since 2006, when the plan to create a 411 directory for cell phone numbers was indefinitely postponed.

The Federal Trade Commission does allow cell phone users to add their numbers to the National Do Not Call Registry (the same one already in force for landlines), either online or by calling 1-888-382-1222. Doing so probably isn't necessary, mind you -- per FCC regulations, telemarketers are already prohibited from using automated dialers to call cell phone numbers -- but millions have already signed up, and so can you.

Contrary to what most variants of the email rumor claim, there is no 31-day, 16-day, or 8-day deadline for adding cell phone numbers to the Do Not Call list — indeed, there is no deadline whatsoever. More Info from the Federal Trade Commission

>>>

February 25, 2009 at 2:50 p.m.

Jed

steve, send me their number will yer :laugh:>>>

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Johns Manville - TPO- Banner ad
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty