This webinar will discuss select rated roofs and edge metal systems as well as establish roof zone layouts based on prescriptive and performance methods. A discussion of the new code requirements and compliance tools regarding ASCE 7-16 will also be covered. Learners will be able to immediately put their learning into practice, as they will be placed on a project team to work through a wind uplift design.
1. Understand code requirements for wind design that apply to designers.
2. Discuss new requirements in ASCE 7-16 (relative to ASCE 7-10).
3. Evaluate roof zone layouts and their effect on installed roof-system capacity.
4. Recognize the importance of edge metal for overall wind resistance.
5. Review where to find “listed” roofing assemblies.