Français

User Access

Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

We are adding Solar to our product line.

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Lefty1

We are putting a new roof on our office. This is the time to install solar panels on our roof. We are going with Certainteed Solar Shingles. They were the only ones to get back to me.

They are going on the front of the building. It faces South - Southwest. It will also be a show piece for our customers to see what it will look like on their roof. They blend in with the shingles. Not like the panels that are on top of the shingles. Those were always ugly to me.

This will help our salesman present the product and how it works. Since we will be able to present our own experience with solar.

We can get about 11 sq. of solar panels on our roof.

December 20, 2023 at 2:40 a.m.

GeneRodriguez

Exciting news is on the horizon as we announce the latest expansion in our product line – the integration of solar solutions. With a commitment to sustainability and harnessing renewable energy sources, we are pleased to introduce high wattage solar panels to our repertoire. This addition not only aligns with our dedication to environmentally conscious practices but also caters to the growing demand for efficient and powerful solar technologies. As we embrace the future of clean energy, our customers can now look forward to a comprehensive range of products that not only meet their needs but also contribute to a greener and more sustainable tomorrow.

March 7, 2016 at 6:56 a.m.

clvr83

CT's aren't available here in IL according to their website. I shot an email to DOW a week ago to be a "professional" and haven't heard back. I'll give them a ring.

March 6, 2016 at 9:27 p.m.

TomB

Won't the solar market dry-up once the o'bummer crew gets' thinned-out? I think it may be a bit late to jump in the solar game. Just say'n.....

February 26, 2016 at 7:30 a.m.

Old School

So you have about 7 1/2 squares of roof you can install it on, and that will give you about 10,000 watts peak power during the daylight. neat. I will be interested to hear how uch the materials cost to do that.

February 25, 2016 at 10:59 p.m.

Lefty1

We got the quote today for the solar system for our roof. They laid it out and we can get a 9.9 kilowatt system on our roof.

This will generate more electric then we use. Rough figuring is we will get a check from the electric company for $130 every year. It will take 8.7 years to pay for the system. That does not include the labor to install the system. Will not know that amount till we install it.

February 20, 2016 at 6:05 p.m.

Lefty1

wywoody,

The sell a package to do 3 square. They do as low as 2 square. That would give you 4 KW system.

As soon as I have more information I will let you know about cost.

February 19, 2016 at 6:21 p.m.

wywoody

I inquired at two different CT distributors about their Apollo solar roof tiles. Neither could give me a price without setting up a site-appraisal team to come down from Seattle and figure if it would be worth it.

I could tell them beforehand, I only have about 3 squares of unobstructed Southern exposure. But if it wasn't enough to tie into the grid, I'd still be cool with that. I'd just use the juice to charge a hoverboard or backup batteries or something. My tile on my roof is out of production and I could use the tile their solar tiles displaced for backups. I just want a price from them without a lot of hassle and nobody will give it to me.

February 18, 2016 at 7:25 p.m.

Old School

Whats going on your head? Think about that for a second. It is clear now that there is NOTHING going on in mine. There are 100 square feet in a square so I should have said to move it over two places. 13.6 watts per square foot is the correct number. Sorry about that.

February 18, 2016 at 10:43 a.m.

Lefty1

Old School Said: Lefty, just move the decimal one number to the left. 136 watts per square foot, or .136kw per square foot.

LOL, and math was my best subject. Sometimes I wonder what is going on upstairs.

February 18, 2016 at 8:56 a.m.

Old School

Lefty, just move the decimal one number to the left. 136 watts per square foot, or .136kw per square foot.

February 17, 2016 at 5:27 p.m.

clvr83

Neat! How bout letting us know what the guys think of the installation? I've been thinking about contacting manufacturer's about those, but I didn't have much luck a few years back. I never get questioned about solar, but I'd like to be the guy pushing it in the area.

February 17, 2016 at 3:46 p.m.

Lefty1

They produce 1.36 KW at peak times per square. Per square foot I did not figure that out.

Later this week I should have the estimated output for my roof.

February 17, 2016 at 12:05 p.m.

Old School

What is then output per square foot?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MetalForming - Banner Ad - Bend the Future
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio