Français

User Access

USG - Sidebar - Fire
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

TPO Ponding Options

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

KuhnPE

I have a fairly good condition TPO roof with a good slope. The problem is the corners where the drains are, the water has to flood into the drains. Whatever does not flood into the drains just ponds of my roof till it exaporates or rains again.

What are some options I can do on my own to level the corners, what products are available that will adhere to the TPO membrane? Thank you all for your responses and experience.

October 19, 2022 at 9:58 p.m.

MandyJames

I have a fairly good condition TPO roof with a good slope. The problem is the corners where the drains are, the water has to flood into the drains. Whatever does not flood into the drains just ponds of my roof till it exaporates or rains again.

What are some options I can do on my own to level the corners, what products are available that will adhere to the TPO membrane? Thank you all for your responses and experience.

-KuhnPE

I think you should first review the roof. Check if there are any gaps. If there are, caulk them. Try to find the high points on your roof. You can easily do this by sprinkling some sand on your roof and drive your car on your roof. Follow the track of your car and you will find the high points. If you have any valleys, try to find a way to fill them in. You can also try to add another layer of underlayment.

October 8, 2022 at 1:28 p.m.

KuhnPE

Thank you for the replies. I ended up having to have a contractor cut out portions of TPO roofing, lay foam under it to raise the edges, then relay new TPO and weld it all down.

been through several rain storms without a leak since, but my wallet is a lot lighter...

October 6, 2022 at 9:13 a.m.

Karen Edwards

Have you all checked out Viking Products Group? Their Green Slope product addresses this issue nicely. Visit their RCS Directory here. 

October 4, 2022 at 7:39 a.m.

WillRiley

It has been my experience ponding water is best handled at the point of replacement, but if your roof is in good condition ponding water can be difficult to handle. Usually if you build up below the ponding water with insulation to bring it back up to roof level, you end up moving the ponding water to another area of the roof system. I would recommend reaching out to a local contractor to get an inspection report, you can usually get those at no cost. 

July 15, 2022 at 12:38 a.m.

woodward

I also meet the same problem as you. Hope that someone can share useful information for us to fix it. Thanks.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - What Do You Call It? (June 2023)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23