English
English
Español
Français

User Access

RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
Rocky Mountain Snow Guards - Sidebar Ad - Show Us Your Snow Guards Contest!
Wil-Mar - Sidebar - Free Pipe Collar 10/23
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

TPO membrane over EPDM

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

jjshaggy

I agree with Mike H. I would tear off, but if not you could adhere the insulation with a rising foam adhesive like olybond. Either 1/2" fiberboard or 1" polyiso. Then fully adhere the tpo.

October 5, 2011 at 7:06 p.m.

Old School

Hey Mike Good to hear from you! I saw NZ playing Rugby on TV here the other day. They look like a tough bunch!

October 2, 2011 at 8:22 a.m.

onemanroofing

You might consider gluing recovery board to the E.P.D.M.; and going over that with the T.P.O.. Years ago, we used hot tar over B.U.R. to hold the recovery board and over that installed torch grade modified. The concept is the same.

October 1, 2011 at 9:12 p.m.

Mike H

Yeah, and I was hoping he'd say why.

September 28, 2011 at 6:38 p.m.

TomB

He said TO was not an option.

September 28, 2011 at 1:44 p.m.

Mike H

Do all you guys really consider a roof mopped to concrete to be impossible to tear off? It takes some work, but it's not that hard, and if the fiber board is wet, and since it needs a new roof, it probably is, it might come off pretty easy.

September 28, 2011 at 9:39 a.m.

TomB

There ya go!....I didn'r even consider ballasted....Just get a structural engineer's blessing.

September 27, 2011 at 9:14 p.m.

Alba

You can loose lay epdm with ballast on it or mechanically attached recovery board with fully adrehered tpo on it.

September 27, 2011 at 11:15 a.m.

Mike H

Why is tear-off not an option?

September 27, 2011 at 9:41 a.m.

TomB

Then, if that's the case; A recovery board must be "glued" to the EPDM & subsequenbtly fully adhere the TPO to the board....Don't forget some venting, as well....

September 27, 2011 at 9:17 a.m.

Go Tropical

TBR Said: Can you glue TPO membrane directly to EPDM. If not what would be an alternative. The roof deck is concrete and has asphalt empragnated fiber board glued to it with EPDM over that. Tear off is not an option.

You CAN NOT glue TPO to a EPDM roof. Is there anyway you can provide me pics of this to give you a better solution?

September 20, 2011 at 4:56 p.m.

TomB

Wouldn't think there would be a problem, as far as bonding TPO to the EPDM, as far as that goes....May be other issues with the overall system...A quick call to your material tech dept. will get you a definitive answer.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Elevate - Banner Ad - The Future is Calling (2024)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables