English
English
Español
Français

User Access

SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Roofing terminolgy?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Tin Man

I'm an old man. My teachers always referred to things in our area in exact terms. The Pole gutter. The outside was the Water Table, from the top of the pole to the drip edge. The gutter was on the inside, part of the roof. Does anyone have a different opinion?

August 30, 2022 at 11:00 a.m.

tomadam21

The vertical distance from the eaves line to the ridge. Roll Roofing: Asphalt roofing products manufactured in roll form.

December 21, 2021 at 11:51 p.m.

Harley Browne

Thanks for introducing different Roofing terminologies in a much better and interesting way. I need to find out here that how I will get my essay written on this topic which is pretty tough. When I will hire a firm to work on my roof then having a piece of basic information about these terminologies will surely help me.

January 28, 2014 at 2:09 p.m.

Mike H

SuhWEET stuff, Larry.

January 23, 2014 at 8:38 a.m.

clvr83

I really nerd out on your photos copperman.

Roofing nerd-out that is.

January 22, 2014 at 8:33 p.m.

copperman

This is a finished look of that built in gutter This was a big job. Roof went around three side of the house.

January 22, 2014 at 7:58 p.m.

copperman

No it's Larry. Thanks for the compliment. When some one nit pics me it's no sweet. I look at it this way, when your talking about me your leaving someone else alone. so I figure I'm doing a good deed then. As far as the gutter joints failing in the slate roof, it wont matter if you took an ice pick to it, it still wont leak by design!I laid it out to go between the slate coarses so if it leaked it would just run out from under it. I laid out all my pole gutter that way to coarse out between the rows. Seen to many cause a lot of damage when there not. As far as cleaning they rarely even get anything in them because the wind blows the debris away. They make great toe boards also!.

January 22, 2014 at 3:31 p.m.

egg

Easy to clean, I'll say that. Long as the joints on these guys don't break... Not many people can put something together like copperman. It's John, right? I may have nitpicked once or twice in the last decade, which is all of our right to do, but in case there was ever any misunderstanding I'm going on record here that you do flat-out amazing work. Love it.

January 21, 2014 at 5:23 a.m.

copperman

Heres a rotting-soffit-waiting-to-happen gutters. After pic.

January 21, 2014 at 5:19 a.m.

copperman

This is a pole gutter One I did on a wood shingle roof This one on a copper roof with a water table in front This is a built-in gutter

January 20, 2014 at 6:15 p.m.

wywoody

I see, Ciak, something like built-in gutter or yankee gutter or the long drawn-out term I have for them, rotting-soffit-waiting-to-happen gutters.

January 20, 2014 at 4:05 p.m.

CIAK

A pole gutter is a sheet metal lined gutter built into the roof just above the eaves. Mouldings are applied to the edge of the roof.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

January 20, 2014 at 7:18 a.m.

wywoody

I have never heard the term pole gutter and water table has always been something underground to me.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - The Science of Performance (RLW on-demand)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
Westlake ad corrected size