Français

User Access

CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Solar Distribution
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

roofing prices in jackson ms

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

sed

any info would be helpful

June 29, 2022 at 12:22 a.m.

longjohnsgabby

There is no difference in the amount of money that will be paid out for insurance between the Stormers and the local contractors. The Stormers improved their understanding of the procedure via instruction. The remaining problems are not insurance company defects but rather local, state, and federal problems that may be solved by each individual local contractor.

April 10, 2013 at 9:15 a.m.

CIAK

Another round of severe storms , tornadoes today tonight . Arkansaw is about to get the crap beat out of it. Ms is next!!! Stormers are already in route to your community swooping ready to pounce on every roof you were hoping to reroof. Tom has an idea. To see what is in front of ones nose require a constant struggle Orwell Good Luck to ya. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 9, 2013 at 7:45 p.m.

CIAK

Ok Tom. GKRFG B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 9, 2013 at 3:02 p.m.

CIAK

GKRFG Said: What Tom is saying is that the prices that insurance companies will pay does not allow a business owner to make enough money to pay for health insurance for himself let alone his family and employees. Does not allow a business owner to make a contribution to a retirement plan. Does not even come close to paying what a legit company needs to charge to cover these costs along with a whole lot more. Insurance companies base their prices on the lowest material prices and the cheapest (almost always uninsured and illegal) labor costs. No markup on anything, no overhead, no profit. Whats the point of working for nothing. Please show me where I am wrong. I am sure that you believe that I am.
Are you speaking from experience? Have you worked a catastrophic storm? How have you come to these conclusions? What experiences have you had working with insurances company's . B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 8, 2013 at 11:36 a.m.

CIAK

Perhaps you didn't............... If you try the teable it may fail B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 7, 2013 at 1:09 p.m.

OLE Willie

That's what happened here Twill. We had some scattered and small hail here about 3 years ago. Evidently there were not any other storms around the country at the time because we were flooded with storm chasers knocking on doors. I couldn't possibly count the number of homeowners that called me saying some guy had knocked their door claiming hail damage and a free roof but they didn't trust him and they wanted me to come out and check it. I try to be honest so unlike the storm chasers salesmen I'm not going to say their is damage when their obviously is not. Why in the hell the insurance companies keep letting these storm chasers rip them off is beyond my understanding. Hell, they even knocked my door several times ROFL and I don't live anywhere near where the small amount of hail that did occur happened.

April 7, 2013 at 11:56 a.m.

CIAK

Goggle , Ask Jim Dolan about reporting fraudulent insurance claims. If it isn't reported it can't be addressed . If it can't be addressed and or you don't report the fraud, you are your own problem. There are all kinds of laws on the books that can be enforced. It must be reported. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 7, 2013 at 10:41 a.m.

CIAK

This thread is taking a turn I'm not interested in going. If it turns again in a rational direction I will participate . Till then Good - day. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 7, 2013 at 10:21 a.m.

CIAK

You cant have your cake and eat it Tom.The insurance money is the same for the Stormers as it is for the local contractors. The Stormers through education learned the process.The other issues are not insurance co.faults but local state and federal issues each local contractor can address.

B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 7, 2013 at 8:21 a.m.

OLE Willie

Me Too! Test

April 7, 2013 at 8:20 a.m.

Roofscape

When I was in MS the going rate from insurance companies was $145. The highest I've heard about was $190. The going rate from locals was $175 for 3 tab and $185 for arcs. Out of state contractor pricing I have heard about ranged from $165-$225.

April 7, 2013 at 8:13 a.m.

CIAK

Having major problems posting reply. Ok that's better. I think I understand the disconnect. I'm a semi retired roofing contractor. It is apparent the detractors are nail bangers..Roofers...who are willing to let well financed large corporation Stormers to sweep into their communities sucking up every new, old, existing potential and possible roofs making good profits doing it. Also the reputation so hard to obtain and maintain trashed by the Stormers. Picking up table scraps, crumbs fallen from the table repairs left by these company's. Is this the business model that will pay your health insurance, retirement etc. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 6, 2013 at 4:32 p.m.

CIAK

twill59 Said: Gerry: I think CIAK is right. If you get every single thing you can for a shingle job, 1 layer, AND add in the inflated price (god knows why) of I&W and you too can maybe get the princely sum of $270 per sq !! Maybe even $280 for a 2 story or steep!!!!

CIAK is here to remind us, that as roofers we will A) Never get sick B) Never get old C) Never run out of gas in our trucks

Why invest for retirement or have some minimal Health Insurance? The Ins. Cos. take from us dummies and GIVE to even dumber dummies... :laugh:

I'll take Toms reply one at a time. You decide. My voice a whisper ,the potential silence a shout. A) Never get sick. I can only guess what this is supposed to mean. It has been my observation Tom ( being a well intentioned person) leans strongly to the negative and conspiratorial suggestion. B) Never get old. Much of the same as Mentioned in A. C) Again ditto. You can make a very decent living and a good business model to include the insurance needs of your communities. Why let Stormers come in your world and rape your potential customers , your previous customers and destroy what ever respect you have established for the roofing industry. Ignore the Stormers, go about your way.........GOD Bless and good luck. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 6, 2013 at 6:59 a.m.

CIAK

It never is a constant in storm susceptible states. The flow spikes then ebbs and flows. Every year there is the potential of an event. The Idea is not to lay back and pretend it isn't going to happen, because it will. If you look at your plan for the year it should contain an on going contingency to battle the Stormers before they show up and we know they will. B) :) :) B) Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day

April 6, 2013 at 6:13 a.m.

OLE Willie

I remember the first time I dealt with a large storm in my area as the Contractor. I had worked numerous storms as a sub not having to deal with insurance or homeowner sales etc. but not as the Contractor. It was not a hail storm. It was 100 mph straight line winds. I had been roofing 16 years but had no idea what i was in for. All these different insurance companies telling their clients all these different contradictory things and them looking to me to solve the riddle. I leave an estimate for complete replacement and they would call back saying i need a quote for just the back half thats all my insurance is paying for. etc. etc. And insurance companies calling me, saying draw me a sketch of the roof with all the measurements and we "MAY" pay the claim. I had to go back for that too. ( No such thing as eagleview or the like at the time ). Homeowners asking me to give them 2 quotes. One real one and one with their deductible added. ( which I never did of course ) I saw roofs with 2 shingles missing get a full replacement paid while others with over 50% damage get only repairs paid. Yes, I made a lot of money from that storm but WHAT A PAIN IN THE FRIGGIN AZZ.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

TAMKO - Banner Ad - The Science of Performance (RLW on-demand)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif