Español
Français

User Access

Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
MetalForming - Lunch & Learn
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Making People Happy

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

vickie

I wonder if you guys ever think about how happy you make your customers? I mean after you finish, clean up your trash, shake hands and get your check?

I'm assuming that the homeowner needed a roof, probably had to save. Was stressed about picking the right contractor or product and you finish and they have a beautiful new roof. You walk away and think "Good, the homeowner is happy", but it's not over when they shut the door.

For along time they will be driving around the corner and seeing their roof and they will feel good about it. I don't think you guys realize that in addition to doing your job you are making people happy. It'll take a long time for the happiness will wear off.

I got a new sliding glass door a few weeks ago and every time I turn the corner it takes my breath away. I almost cried the first time I saw it. It made me think about you guys out there doing the same thing for some lucky homeowner.

ROOFERS: Making people happy, everywhere!

P.S. on that:

In the case of my roof, it pisses me off every time I turn my corner. The manufacturer went out of business never making the correct trim and the roofer did a poor job and never came back to fix it (blamed the manufacturer). The contractor charged me $9K for my free roof and the manufacturer went BK on some advertising & marketing I did for them. You think "I" would have know better. At least it will never leak, it just looks ugly.

January 8, 2024 at 1:37 a.m.

Hypnotwist

I consistently make every effort to ensure that my clients feel confident in their choice of selecting me for their roofing needs, reinforcing their belief in the wisdom of their decision over other options.

July 22, 2013 at 7:09 p.m.

OLE Willie

I do everything in my power, most of the time, to make my clients feel that they made a wise decision in choosing me over others to work on their roof.

However, I am human and sometimes make mistakes, even after three decades. Imagine that. Doesn't happen often but it happens. There are simply so many things than can go wrong. It's murphy's law. I refer to it as "The nature of the Beast".

I bragged on here a while back that it had been close to a year since I had someone call and tell me that a roof I worked on was leaking again in the same area. Within two weeks of saying that, we had a flash flood and I had 3 of those calls! :dry: But I was quick to rectify all three situations and they are all happy once again.

Then there are the folks that could win the Powerball Jackpot and still not be happy. How do you please this crowd? In these cases I don't worry about pleasing THEM because that would just drive ME nutz! I please ME. By doing a top notch job and leaving there KNOWING that is exactly what transpired regardless of how they acted about it.

Most people are pretty easy to make happy. They don't care much about all the technical lingo and so on because you might as well be speaking greek to them. It's the little things added up, one good little thing added to another until it becomes significant in their minds.

Some of these little things are: Respect, Good Communication, Honesty, Promptness, Professionalism, Courtesy, trust, cleanliness, Integrity and pride in your work.

If that don't make em' happy then just tell em' to save those few dollars on the lottery tickets cause it aint' gonna do em any good even if they win!

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

WTI - Banner Ad - Roofing Careers Rock
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
Georgia-Pacific - Sidebar Ad - DensDeck StormX eBook
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign