Français

User Access

DaVinci - Sidebar Ad - New Choice For Traditional Beauty
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Lowes or Home Depot installer programs

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

TomB

Anybody have any luck with these?

April 12, 2021 at 9:41 p.m.

devidpp

I got a cut up A-frame by referral from a Lowes salesman last year. He said "my guys won't do this, you should give Clover a call" :laugh:

I talked to their salesman once about being an installer and I was mainly concerned about the pay. He said he charges a lot but all the previous bids homeowners had told me about were 10% lower than mine. I do like the idea of someone else selling and setting up the jobs tho. Oh and only 2 year warranty! I said your selling yourself short on my crew, we run a 10 year warranty for the most part.

-clvr83

Great Information Thanks for sharing

August 7, 2013 at 5:26 p.m.

OLE Willie

I went by the HomoDepot today, ( there was a blowes next door ). I needed 6 items.

I went straight to the first two of them. Upon searching for the third it became apparent they did not have it. So I skipped to the fourth.

They had that but not in the right color.

I said OK, I don't have time for this chit, left my cart sitting there and drove 15 miles out of my way to my regular supplier.

They had ALL the material I needed and it was loaded into my truck by them very quickly.

At HD I would of ended up loading it all by myself.

August 6, 2013 at 6:51 p.m.

OLE Willie

:laugh:

August 6, 2013 at 5:26 p.m.

tinner666

Apply to be an installer and see what they pay. :) Then, call them to look at your house to see what they charge. :)

Now, subtract your part to see how much they make, and how little you make. :ohmy:

August 6, 2013 at 3:24 p.m.

dustin@bear

yes, we used to do the installs for lowes. it was good and bad. mainly cause you had good stores and bad stores. the good stores you would get paid in about a week, the bad stores was whenever they processed your paperwork, which on occasion was 30-45 days later. i do not miss the headache

August 6, 2013 at 6:05 a.m.

OLE Willie

There's nothing wrong with being well compensated, however there is a big difference between that and just flat out ripping folks off.

We are "Master Elite".

Ok, so you pay GAF's annual fee and agree to use multiple products produced by them.

Does that really mean anything besides GAF has you by the sack?

August 5, 2013 at 11:58 p.m.

TomB

Willie,

An ex-employee of mine out in Ca. A roofing contractor now. Does Home Depot installs, (roofing).....Told me about a job he did for HD......He happened to find out what HD charged the little old lady....$ 17,000....He'd have done the job for $ 9,0000 and cleared $2,000 profit.....HD gets 4-times the amount -$8,000 profit vs. $2,000.

August 5, 2013 at 7:07 p.m.

OLE Willie

Around here, their bids are MUCH higher than the average paper pusher.

It must suck to be a salesman for them. Knowing you will always be the highest bid ( I'm talking like 50% higher here).

August 5, 2013 at 6:42 p.m.

roofermann

Did one job for the blue store years ago, ended up having to eat 7 sheets of osb. Didn't pay much either. Bad news all around.

August 5, 2013 at 8:34 a.m.

clvr83

I got a cut up A-frame by referral from a Lowes salesman last year. He said "my guys won't do this, you should give Clover a call" :laugh:

I talked to their salesman once about being an installer and I was mainly concerned about the pay. He said he charges a lot but all the previous bids homeowners had told me about were 10% lower than mine. I do like the idea of someone else selling and setting up the jobs tho. Oh and only 2 year warranty! I said your selling yourself short on my crew, we run a 10 year warranty for the most part.

August 4, 2013 at 8:46 p.m.

OLE Willie

If I had to depend on either of those two for anything, I would just retire early! :blink:

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

EagleView Assess -  Banner Ad - Visualizer
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
Western Colloid - Sidebar Ad - FAAR Best Practices
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad