Français

User Access

SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
EVERROOF - Sidebar - Podcast Training - Dec 2023
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How to determine the pricing of the Roof repairs cost?

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

EmergencyHomeRoof

Roof repairs cost can be well determined by factors like materials,products which can vary in terms of texture,style and designs.The pricing can be determined by the geographical conditions as well as by the tools and equipment which have been used.

February 2, 2022 at 12:21 a.m.

universalbuildersgroup

The pricing can be determined by the number of factors, including materials required, scale of the repair and whether or not you hire a professional.

January 17, 2022 at 8:45 p.m.

michelle_t

I agree with you, EmergencyHomeRoof. Roof repairs cost can be well determined by factors like materials, products which can vary in terms of texture, style and designs. That is why Roof Master & Construction is the best roofing service in Texas with positive feedbacks from customers, it has been proven that their services are quality wise.

December 23, 2021 at 5:43 a.m.

Lamont1

Looking for the answer of same question about price estimation of roofing cost. Got valuable answers. I also found great resource on Lexan Sheets on SABIC Thanks for posting!

August 4, 2016 at 11:07 p.m.

seen-it-all

Wasted lots of time in 30 years. Always take lots of history on the phone now. Cross examine and use lots of leading questions. If you suspect it's a house sale, tell them you can come over now and want to look at the inside. If they hum and haw about having to set up a time, you're probably wasting your time. Throw them a curve ball "will the purchasers want a warranty on the repair?"

July 31, 2016 at 9:22 a.m.

Mike H

I needed this. I haven't had a good laugh all week.

I've found the most accurate method of pricing repairs.

Write numbers 0-9 on my thumb, Insert thumb where sun don't shine, Remove thumb, Use a combination of numbers now visible.

When it comes to accurate pricing, I guess you could say I'm rather anal.

July 30, 2016 at 2:40 p.m.

seen-it-all

Something real stupid as

"how long are you going to be as I have someone else coming in 15 minutes"

or "if I give you the job can you warranty the whole roof so I can renew my insurance"

or "I'm actually a home inspector and my client is thinking on purchasing the home and there was a stain on the ceiling"

or " can you just do something to stop the leak as I'm selling the house. Could I get a warranty too to show the new buyer"

July 30, 2016 at 1:18 p.m.

Old School

Hey, how about that Hilliary... Opps another $500.00

July 30, 2016 at 1:17 p.m.

Old School

This is getting funny as hell. These people that can't roof always post on the professional forums trying to get the pros to either give them information, or click on their websites to get more hits. Evidently all of us just fell off the turnip truck in then last few weeks.

I like your approach seen-it-all. I do some of the same, but I also have a $500.00 factor that I add every time they say something really stupid.

July 30, 2016 at 11:16 a.m.

seen-it-all

To accurately determine the cost of a roof repair I always use the Hack Factor Chart. It has a detailed scale that shows the quality of workmanship on the overall roof in one column and in the other column has a scale that shows the risk factor of getting involved in giving a repair price and corresponding price surcharge if you decide to do it. This column is also colour coded with a green section showing "ok to give price now" yellow section showing "go home and sleep on it" and a red section showing "Run Forest Run"

July 30, 2016 at 9:20 a.m.

wywoody

This is starting to remind me of reading operating instructions of a tool just bought at Harbor Freight.

July 30, 2016 at 3:29 a.m.

johnwillingham

There are various deciding factors that determine the comprehensive cost of roof repair. such as roofing material, area of roof repair, what is the condition of roof and how much repairing is needed.

July 30, 2016 at 12:24 a.m.

egg

What really drives the price up for me is when I have to use the moisture meter in a heavy storm and need four guys there to pull up the tarp all at once so I can get some accurate readings before everything gets soaked.

July 29, 2016 at 6:38 p.m.

wywoody

Got it. I'll put together my geographic condition analysis report this weekend. Are you talking altitude or traffic or rock climbing when you plan for geographic conditions?

July 29, 2016 at 10:17 a.m.

seen-it-all

Some sage advice there. Have to print this out and save this valuable nugget of information. It will help me greatly in expanding my business model. Thanks for dropping by and sharing. Cheers

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MCA - Banner Ad - MetalTalk
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24