Français

User Access

EVERROOF - Sidebar Ad -  Branding Campaign
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
Duro-Last New Membrane Colors Sidebar ad
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad
MCA - Summer Meeting 2024 - Sidebar ad
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

How Much Time Do You Spend At Your Business?

« Back To Question Of The Month
Author

vickie

How much time do you spend on the job roofing? How much vacation time do you take? Are you workaholics or have a healthy mix?

March 31, 2018 at 7:05 p.m.

egg

As a friend once said in describing himself, "I know whose slave I am but I can be an uppity slave."

March 8, 2018 at 2:18 a.m.

AdamD

So, you are rich...!!! :P

January 12, 2016 at 9:23 a.m.

speedy

I am always busy. Can't wait till it slows down. Goliath screwed up the down time! :woohoo:

January 8, 2016 at 8:38 a.m.

Chuck2

It varies based on the demand but on average I spend about 2 days a week physically working on the jobs, 2 more days running estimates and picking up supplies and about half a day doing office work.

I rarely ever take long vacations but I take a lot of shorter ones, like a day or two just doing whatever I come up with for the day. Sometimes anything but working serves the purpose.

I'm a workaholic when I'm working and just the opposite when I'm not. Very laid back when off the roof.

December 12, 2015 at 5:46 p.m.

Lefty1

I do what I want when I want. If I want to go somewhere I go. If I want to work I work. I love what I do. If you love what you do, you do a lot of it.

I only do repairs if I roof. I am working everyday doing siding right now. Training a new crew.

December 7, 2015 at 7:11 a.m.

clvr83

I'm a workaholic, I learned it from my Dad. I'll never keep up with him though. I've learned that I don't want to, he taught me better. We are running business better, the guys are happier and putting down great work. I'm (very)slowly making my exit from the rooftop operations and working more on sales. I've talked him in to slowing down a bit too, but at 62, he is definitely feeling the pain.

I still work 50+ hours a week if you count all the time I put online in the evenings, maybe more. This year I've only been on the roof an average of 6-12 hours per week, depending on what type of project. Last year I was at least 20+ hours on the roof, and 30+ doing sales & business.

Decreasing stress levels is my main goal. My Dad had a heart attack at 39 and now I'm approaching that age, I'm 32 now. Wow time flies.

December 2, 2015 at 11:01 a.m.

glassemulsion

our company does all types of roofing all year long however I spend 6 months doing cfe and 6 months fishing hunting and all the other hobbies I have lol its a great gig thank jesus!!!

P.S I don't do the labor anymore just check jobs

« Back To Question Of The Month
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SRS - Banner Ad - Spanish Lunch & Learn Series
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Roofers Choice Insurance
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
AEP Span - Sidebar - Rollformer -  March