Français

User Access

Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
Bitec - StrongHold Sidebar Ad
Polyglass - Sidebar - PolyAnchor - April 2024
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Fall Protection Equipment

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

nikki

Hi everyone! I'm a student doing a project on fall protection equipment. I have some questions and hope it's okay to ask them here! :)

Do you use fall protection equipment? What type of equipment do you use? How/where do you buy your equipment from? Which brands do you rely on and why? Ever had any issues or problems?

Thanks in advance!

September 14, 2022 at 4:41 a.m.

Ella_Elizabeth

As told by benefits of neuromuscular massage Self-therapy is clearly something you can do on your own to cure depression or anxiety without needing any formal education or certification. In fact, in less urgent situations it can be a more reasonable and economical option.

September 14, 2022 at 2:23 a.m.

Ella_Elizabeth

As mentioned by High-quality Sports Equipment Items like gloves, safety goggles, shoes, earplugs or muffs, hard hats, respirators, or coveralls, vests, and full body suits are examples of personal protection equipment.

February 12, 2014 at 7:32 a.m.

clvr83

Nice! Woody the manufacturer.

February 12, 2014 at 7:23 a.m.

wywoody

I use a dry climbing rope with Petzl ascenders for me. since this setup hasn't been tested for 6000 lbs, I use Miller harnesses and rope for crew. They are way more awkward than the setup I use.

I have some reusable rope attachment systems that I sometimes use, but I usually use a Simpson nailing plate that I have bent into an attachment bracket. They are less than $2 each, so I can afford to leave them. They are small enough that I only have to remove one tile to attach them. If I get a safety inspection, the inspector has never climbed up to inspect it and asks what kind it is and I honestly tell him it's a Miller attachment plate. Sometimes it's handy when your last name is the same as a safety equipment company.

February 12, 2014 at 7:07 a.m.

tinner666

No fall arrest systems used here. BTW, fall arrest and fall protection are two different animals. Roof medic pictured 'fall arrest'. It's meant to arrest your fall after you go over the edge and before you hit the ground.

I use Petzl Climbing gear from Big Rock Supply. It's positioning gear which is fall protection.

I prefer the Navajo Harness, 1/2" Arborist Roof and Petzl I'D for work and play.

http://www.rooferscoffeeshop.com/rcs/users/tinner666/Me and ID.jpeg

http://www.rooferscoffeeshop.com/rcs/users/tinner666/Me and ID (3).jpeg

February 12, 2014 at 5:32 a.m.

theroofmedic1

Nikki- We mostly used the Titan fall protection- most of our use was for commercial and not too many steep applications like Twills. One of the biggest reasons was the ease from our supplier- just call and order.

February 11, 2014 at 11:52 p.m.

nikki

Thanks twill59! Any reason in particular why you chose to buy those brands and prefer them?

And by SRL do you mean self-retracting line? Sorry if that's a silly question :blush:

February 11, 2014 at 8:57 p.m.

nikki

Hi twill59! I go to York University, a school in Toronto. :)

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Banner Register
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

IKO - Sidebar - Summit Grey
TRA Snow & Sun - Ad - Sidebar
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
CRRC - Annual Meeting Registration 2024 = Sidebar Ad