Français

User Access

SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
GCMC-Podcast-WinTraining-Sidebar-2
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Geocel - Sidebar - 50th Anniversary - Feb 2024
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Class-action against Atlas Pinnacle shingles

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Jim2

Anyone know anything about a class-action lawsuit against Atlas for defective shingles, especially with their 35 year Pinnacle "Signature Gold Series"? I just went up in a neighborhood that is only 6 years old but the roofs look to be twice that age...a whole lot of blistering, bubbling, cracking and excessive granule loss.

November 17, 2009 at 9:52 a.m.

IBROOFING

There is a current investigation that indicates Atlas Roofing Corporation, Inc. Sold thousands of squares of roofing material under the name Pinnacle, Glass Master and Alpine shingles. These shingles contained non-rust resistant metal fragments that deteriorate faster than reasonably expected causing rust stains on homes and surrounding properties. These shingles also deteriorate at a much faster rate than reasonably expected. Despite Atlas knowing the shingles are defective they have never issued a recall or any type of notice to consumers about the product's defects. These shingles were sold in Oklahoma, Texas and throughout Louisiana. There have been no recall on any of these shingles, however Atlas has recognized the problem. I have installed hundreds of squares of Pinnacle and Slate master material and am embarrassed to have installed these products. The Slate master 50 now discounted at a 30 year price is no trade off for the additional labor and warranty recallls as well cases of NP 1 sealant required to seal every tab down to keep from blowing off! Even my shingle sample boards de-laminate at a presentation after sitting in the back of my truck baked by the sun. I have never used a more inferior product then Atlas shingles. The Law firm handling this case is Pendley, Baudin & Coffin, L.L.P and can be reached at 800.725.2477

November 16, 2009 at 4:42 p.m.

Jim2

All I have been able to find out is they are Atlas Pinnacle 35 year architectural shingles.

November 5, 2009 at 4:24 p.m.

Roofsrus1

www.laed.uscourts.gov/HiltonvAtlas/2nd_amended_complaint.pdf

www.laed.uscourts.gov/HiltonvAtlas/answer_and_amended_defenses.pdf

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Adams & Reese - Banner Ad - Navigating the Legal Side of Subcrews (RLW Registration)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Roofle - Sidebar Ad - RoofQuote Pro
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Metal-Era / Hickman - Sidebar Ad - Product Launch
Westlake ad corrected size
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos