Français

User Access

Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
ASC Building Products - Sidebar - Metal Resources - March
RCS - Sidebar - L&L contest
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Bonus

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Roofing1011

Looking for information on a bonus structure for my office manager. Any ideas or suggestions on how you guys measure bonuses for office staff aside from sales?

March 31, 2022 at 7:46 a.m.

sarahroxon

In addition to bonuses, there are a number of other suggestions for employees such as benefits, slope game gifts for every special occasion such as birthdays. This will increase the morale of the employees.

February 9, 2017 at 6:07 p.m.

Old School

Mike, you will note that I put Parenthesis around the "tips" It can be called a tip or a bonus or what ever you want. I too believe that the tip structure is way overdone in the states. It has risen from 5% right through 10% and 15 or 20 is now considered "right" The restaurants have almost quite paying the servers in this country and they rely almost entirely on tipping. Seems to me that the "buck" has been passed on to us. Basically, I think that any "bonuses" should be a type of profit sharing, and if there are no profits, there should be no bonuses. If you lose money, would the employees be expected to give back? Also, who determines the profit and loss? Figures lie, and liars figure. There has to be a certain amount of trust, and in the larger companies, that is sometimes hard to come by.

February 9, 2017 at 9:38 a.m.

Old School

I am sorry, Perhaps he was serious. Assuming that is so, we are not even sure if the office manager is a she. If that is the case, then all of the things that Mike Ciak and myself said are still true, but the part about the bonus would still depend on how much money you have to work with and what the job description says. If he/she is doing a great job and making you money, and you feel the urge to share some of it, then by all means do it! I think that there should be some formula for the "tip" and that the "tip" should be spread around to everyone that makes it so! Just remember that it is YOUR money, your decision and you are under NO obligation to share anything. If you own the business, you are ultimately the one liable and responsible if things to south. I would much rather have an honest, competent, ugly office manager than a ditsy stupid good looking one.

Again, sorry for the teasing!

February 9, 2017 at 6:23 a.m.

CIAK

If the profits are there at the end of the year and your happy with the performance,that would be an incentive for a bonous. I'm with OC on this one.If she is good looking that will special treatment and a deep pocket :-)

Deep Down In Florida Where The Sun Shines Damn Near Every Day. B) :) :) B)

February 8, 2017 at 5:51 p.m.

Old School

Is she good looking?

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Adams & Reese - Banner Ad- Being Prepared for OSHA (On-demand RLW)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Malco Tools - Sidebar Ad - Metal Benders
McCormack Succession and Exit Planning - Sidebar Register
Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Cougar Paws - Sidebar Ad - The Tool You Wear Gif
Estimating Edge - Sidebar Ad - Industry Collaboration Means Contractor Success (Podcast With Duro-Last)