English
English
Español
Français

Sign Up for Our E-News!

Join over 18,000 other roofers who get the Week in Roofing for a recap of this week's best industry posts!

Sign Up
USG - Sidebar - Fire
Readyslate Sidebar Ad
WSCRA - Side Bar - RCS Ticket Giveaway
Everroof-RoofingFundamentalsGiveaway-Sidebar
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
CCS-OpenForBusiness-Sidebar
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

The results from the Q1 2024 Quarterly Market Index Survey for Reroofing are in!

PIMA The results from the Q1 2024 Quarterly Market Index Survey for Reroofing are in!
May 23, 2024 at 3:00 a.m.

By Anna Lockhart.  

Find out the results from the 2024 Q1 survey in this quick highlight summary.  

Each quarter, a coalition of industry trade associations work together to create the Quarterly Market Index Survey for Reroofing, which provides industry professionals with a glimpse into the industry’s performance in various categories over the course of the year. These industry experts have provided a full release of these results that’s available to members and sponsors, but here is a quick overview of the highlights from the Q1 results.  

Demographic breakdown of respondents 

  • Business type: 81% of respondents were roofing contractors, while roofing consultants made up the remaining 19% 
  • Market type: 90% of respondents identified their businesses as primarily low slope or a blend of both low- and steep-slope contractors, while 11% of respondents specified that they exclusively worked in steep-slope projects only 
  • Materials installed: The report results found that 48% of participants who identified as roofing contractors reported that the volume of materials used in their Q1 2024 projects increased in comparison to their Q1 2023 projects. 31% of participants reported no change, while 22% reported a decrease in their material used in installation projects.  

Customer inquiry questions 

  • Customer inquiries: It was reported that 37% of respondents saw an increase for Q1 2024 in customer inquiries compared to Q1 2023; 45% of respondents reported no changes in customer inquiries; 18% reported a decrease.  
  • The Customer Inquiries Index reported a decline in customer inquiries recorded for the second consecutive quarter in a row, dropping from 60.6 in Q4 2023 to 59.2 in Q1 2024.  

Project contract questions 

  • Project contracts: For Q1 2024, it was reported that 48% of all respondents saw an increase in project contracts compared to the same quarter in the previous year, while 28% reported no change. 25% of respondents reported a decrease in project contracts compared to the same quarter in the previous year.  
  • The Project Contracts Index for the total industry reported a decline from the previous quarter, moving to 61.0 in Q1 2024 from 62.0 in Q4 2023. 
  • Project backlog: As of April 2024, it was reported that 36% of respondents reported a project backlog of three months or longer, which is down 11 points compared to the percentages that reported in January of 2024.  

Next steps  

The Q2 2024 Market Index Survey for Reroofing will open in early July and will be promoted throughout a two-week survey period. For those wanting to help contribute to the growth and promotion of the industry, keep a look out for the next survey! Respondents to the survey and members of the manufacturing associations sponsoring the survey will receive a full report of the resulting data and access to an online dashboard to analyze the responses.  

Learn more about Polyisocyanurate Insulation Manufacturers Association (PIMA) in their Coffee Shop Directory or visit www.polyiso.org.

About Anna

Anna Lockhart is a content administrator/writer for the Coffee Shops and AskARoofer™. When she’s not working, she’s most likely to be found with her nose in a book or attempting to master a new cookie recipe. 



Recommended For You


Comments

There are currently no comments here.

Leave a Reply

Commenting is only accessible to RCS users.

Have an account? Login to leave a comment!


Sign In
Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - Where do you like to get your training from manufacturers?
English
English
Español
Français

Sign Up for Our E-News!

Join over 18,000 other roofers who get the Week in Roofing for a recap of this week's best industry posts!

Sign Up
RCS - Trends Survey - 2024 Sidebar ad
RoofSnap - Sidebar Ad 250x265 - Free Roof Measurements
NFBA - Sidebar Ad - Accredited Builder
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio
Equipter - Sidebar - $200 Rebate 2
The GLO Group - Side Bar Ad - You Are Only One Click Away