Northeast US consulting firm seeking a roof consultant with deep experience in the roofing industry. We conduct investigations on all types of roofing systems and issue reports with our findings and recommendations, as well as advise clients on roofing decisions.
Any candidate MUST:
* Have at least 20 years of experience in the roofing trade as a mechanic AND as an estimator or foreman or manager/owner.
* Willing to travel around NYC, Long Island, Hudson Valley, NJ, CT and beyond to conduct investigations. Territory and scheduling of assignments is flexible to your wants.
* Is fluent in the English language and has the ability to write technical reports clearly and concisely to convey findings and issue recommendations.
* Owns and uses smartphone to check email, view a calendar, etc.
* Has own equipment (vehicle, ladders, etc.)
* Has strong command of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
You will not be considered if you do not meet the above requirements.
The ideal candidate:
* Has over three decades of experience in the roofing trade as an installer, estimator, foreman, and manager.
* Has owned and/or managed a roofing contracting firm installing a wide variety of low and steep slope roofing systems (asphalt shingle, copper, standing seam, mod bit, EPDM, etc) on residential, commercial, and municipal buildings.
* Is able to use AutoCAD or similar drawing program to create roof diagrams.
This is a great opportunity for an individual that has decades of roofing contracting experience and wants to utilize their extensive knowledge to generate part time or even full time income.
This is an independent contractor position.
Please respond with your resume in PDF format and a cover letter summarizing your experience.
Job Type: Contract