The Channel Manager of Professional Accounts is an experienced, vibrant and passionate sales professional responsible for Professional Strategic Account growth efforts of Metal-Era. Professional Strategic Accounts are multi-location Consultants, Architects, Brick and Mortar Architects and specifiers who direct the purchasing of metal components for multi-location accounts. The Channel Manager develops and executes the plan to manage and grow new strategic professional account revenue and margin at Metal-Era, as well as manage and grow existing strategic professional accounts’ revenue and margin. Since this role is largely travel-based, we are open to alternate and remote options, so long as centralized access to a major airport hub makes regular travel reasonable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive, and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management deems necessary. Candidates must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Channel Manager / CM Specifier
1. Design and execute a strategy within budget for the new development, new growth, and tracking of new Professional Strategic Account revenue to meet margin and revenue annual goals
2. Design and execute a strategy within budget for existing Professional Strategic Account growth in margin and revenue to annual goals
3. Deliver group presentations on products, services, and technical knowledge the company provides in a confident and engaging manner
4. Manage, develop, and deliver forecasted monthly revenue for all Professional Strategic Accounts
5. Report weekly on all activities surrounding building pipeline, new account development, and existing account growth in weekly sales meetings
6. Execute travel and remote communication strategies to develop revenue and margin growth within budget to annual goals
7. Work and Travel safely, reporting all expenses in designated expense program within budget
8. Coach, train and support others in the sales and operations team as it relates to delivering the SPEQ Promise to existing and prospective clients.
9. All other duties as assigned by DSA
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications:
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of this position.
• 5+ years’ relevant business development and sales management experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ years’ relevant experience in group presentation; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must demonstrate a high level of integrity and professional discretion; with the demonstrated ability to appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; including the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing at all levels of the organization.
• Strong computing skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently, effectively time-managing and prioritizing one’s own workload.
• High attention to detail and a consistent history of accuracy in completed work.
• Strong “customer first” mindset, and well-developed customer service and business development skills.
• Experience in construction products, services, or related manufacturing sales
• Track record of strategic account development success
• Track record of successful remote work and travel success
• Track record of contributing to and building a positive work culture
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation. Candidates must be able to satisfactorily meet the physical demands listed, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The position is primarily a home-based position with monthly visits to the Waukesha facility. The incumbent regularly performs work-related travel, approximately 70% of the time.
The role is primarily scheduled weekdays, and during first-shift hours; however infrequently, projects and initiatives may require the flexibility to occasionally work on weekends or during second-shift hours.