English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Quarrix - Sidebar - SmartPlug Free Sample - April 2024
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
Westlake ad corrected size
SOPREMA - Sidebar Ad - The Right Coatings for the Right Roofs (RLW on-demand)
NRCA - National Roofing Week 2024_04_09_2024
ABC Supply - Sidebar Ad - Solar Distribution
RoofersCoffeeShop - Where The Industry Meets!
English
English
Español
Français

Dentist

« Back To Roofers Talk
Author

Patty Cakes

My daughter & 2 kids went to the Dentist today. It's running me some $$$ but long overdue care. I have to do this beause of DEADBEAT DADS. At my age and stage I should be collecting money but NO I'm putting it out. These are my babies. Since the men can't step forward, I will. And you wonder why you call us Bitches. We have reason. PC

August 22, 2022 at 8:30 p.m.

otis123

A good dental practice will take the whole family into account. It's not enough to just find a dentist that takes care of adults or children. If you want peace of mind, you should consider getting an entire family plan. This way, everyone is covered and they can coordinate appointments to avoid long waits.

September 29, 2010 at 1:08 a.m.

Patty Cakes

Speaking of the dentist, I had an appointment today, I sat in the parking lot and BAILED. PC

September 28, 2010 at 10:12 p.m.

Patty Cakes

We are talking teath guys, I'm trying to get you off the roof. Love PC

September 28, 2010 at 4:47 p.m.

tico

jimAKAblue Said:
tico Said: I only reacted the way I did as your post just put many of us up with the others,i probably should let you ruminate and been more sensitive,yet,as i did state for me,as you,Ive suffered,even if its that the generalization gives one pause to categorize. what I mean is,Ive mentioned in conversations along the C/S road about being in the predictament.it is a shame,one,that without asking me if Im that odd man out,the responsible one,Im categorized.it always starts,oh,your one of them or so,do you actually pay.your comment:

Since the men cant step forward, I will. And you wonder why you call us Bitches. We have reason. it just screams that we are all the same. I apologize for being snappy. your doing A good thing,and I rained on your parade. just please think of me and the few others.its not to boost us up,its about your being able to see and smell the rose,regardless of the thorns. and,I sincerely apologize for the intellegence quotient,it sounds like she found 2 of the new fangled car sales and shoe salesman that sell roofs nowadays.they paint and do not have the calloused hands of the MAN who knows his trade. PS hows the new path workin out?

I cant help but notice the irony of you apologizing and then finding a way to generalize and slam another subset of humanity.

Do you think that only calloused hands should have the right to be a professional salesperson? I had awful callouses on my hands up until the late 80s. I discovered the wonders of gloves. Mineral oil helps a bunch too.

Im going to do a little generalizing myself....sometimes you guys are very sanctimonious in here.

I didn't generalize.I stated A fact. get that right.you can not prove me wrong.being able to sell something does not, often qualify them for making many of the claims I see/hear them make. and,my comment too,is often supported when I was out having to meet adjusters for other salesman. now why would they send a roofer to settle with an adjuster? I was doing roof inspections and crew management.not sales.maybe it was that they knew the adjuster was gonna question cornholio,and they needed qualified answers?

September 23, 2010 at 3:24 p.m.

jimAKAblue

tico Said: I only reacted the way I did as your post just put many of us up with the others,i probably should let you ruminate and been more sensitive,yet,as i did state for me,as you,Ive suffered,even if its that the generalization gives one pause to categorize. what I mean is,Ive mentioned in conversations along the C/S road about being in the predictament.it is a shame,one,that without asking me if Im that odd man out,the responsible one,Im categorized.it always starts,oh,your one of them or so,do you actually pay.your comment:

Since the men cant step forward, I will. And you wonder why you call us Bitches. We have reason. it just screams that we are all the same. I apologize for being snappy. your doing A good thing,and I rained on your parade. just please think of me and the few others.its not to boost us up,its about your being able to see and smell the rose,regardless of the thorns. and,I sincerely apologize for the intellegence quotient,it sounds like she found 2 of the new fangled car sales and shoe salesman that sell roofs nowadays.they paint and do not have the calloused hands of the MAN who knows his trade. PS hows the new path workin out?

I can't help but notice the irony of you apologizing and then finding a way to generalize and slam another subset of humanity.

Do you think that only calloused hands should have the right to be a professional salesperson? I had awful callouses on my hands up until the late 80's. I discovered the wonders of gloves. Mineral oil helps a bunch too.

I'm going to do a little generalizing myself....sometimes you guys are very sanctimonious in here.

September 23, 2010 at 2:29 p.m.

Patty Cakes

No offense taken...as I may have instilled a pattern of standing alone and putting the head to wind, I am guilty. She definitely made bad choices. We can not change history, we can only work on today and tomorrow. I feel sorry for my grandaughter, my daughter & I just spoke with her yesterday about the upcoming decade ahead of her. She is a beautiful young girl with much potential and we will work together to keep her focused. Between my daughter & I , we have been around the corner and back, not much will get past us. We can only hope for the best and know that we tried. Thanks for the input Stephen. (that was my husbands name)PC

September 23, 2010 at 1:23 p.m.

Stephen1

Patty- I don't know you-and I am not trying to stir up a fight----- but there is enough blame in the situation you describe to go around for all.

fair warningt- i have been married for over 25 years- never divorced-so maybe not qualified to comment on this

however

I figure in todays world, anybody can make a mistake- ONCE ------but your daughter has TWICE chosen to procreate with losers- and i agree-- they sound like losers( no doubt in my mind)

to be fair- and not to be crude- but your daughter shares AT LEAST an equal amount of blame here

Freshman psych 101- would tell us YOU share a bit of the blame. you mention you were a single mom for a while- and found it easier to handle it alone- then to hassle with the dad- ever think THAT little lesson sunk in to your daughter-and her search for the missing daddy figure leads her to hook up with losers who don't pay there way in the world?

Narrow minded of me, I know- but I believe a mans' primary responsibility- is to provide for those who are dependent on him--- if you let your daughters biological father slide on this-well THAT became her role model for suitable mates

the good news is- that you are finacially able to help out on this-and the most important thing is to see that this pattern doesn't continue into the THIRD generation1

My apologies- i imagine this reads a bit harsher than I would intend- best wishes to you and yours, stephen

September 23, 2010 at 5:22 a.m.

Patty Cakes

OS I'm with you on that. One guy is in & out of jail. He is in the system acruing the $$, that won't go away, eventually $$ will come. The other pays a little here and there but wants to sign off. Pathetic. I was a single Mom for awhile and I found it easier to handle it alone than hassle with the Dad. The grief wasn't worth it. It made me stronger. I fortunately met a wonderful man that I had for 23 years. I know many a guy that follow through with the responcibilities of fatherhood, enjoy the children. As they should.

Just to lighten the mood here, I went with the kids to the playground at school and they had me on all the things. I made their day when I fell off one of them, we laughed so hard it hurt. PC

September 22, 2010 at 9:02 p.m.

Old School

Don't they have a "friend of the court" there? If that happened around here, those "deadbeats" would be in jail until they came up with the money! It is often abused by the women here too. They take the money paid and spend it on themselves and don't spend it on the kids. The guys should keep their peckers in their pants, and the girls should keep their legs crossed and their boobs covered.

September 22, 2010 at 8:33 p.m.

Patty Cakes

Tico, you are not all the same. I know many a Dad that pulls his charge. Unfortunately my daughter ended up with 2 loosers. I have been the fill in, I feel like I have grown balls. and so has she. We are now collectively 2 tough bitches. PC

September 22, 2010 at 10:34 a.m.

tico

I only reacted the way I did as your post just put many of us up with the others,i probably should let you ruminate and been more sensitive,yet,as i did state for me,as you,I've suffered,even if it's that the generalization gives one pause to categorize. what I mean is,I've mentioned in conversations along the C/S road about being in the "predictament".it is a shame,one,that without asking me if I'm that odd man out,the responsible one,I'm categorized.it always starts,"oh,your one of them" or so,do you actually pay".your comment:

Since the men can't step forward, I will. And you wonder why you call us Bitches. We have reason. it just screams that we are all the same. I apologize for being snappy. your doing A good thing,and I rained on your parade. just please think of me and the few others.it's not to boost us up,it's about your being able to see and smell the rose,regardless of the thorns. and,I sincerely apologize for the intellegence quotient,it sounds like she found 2 of the new fangled car sales and shoe salesman that sell roofs nowadays.they paint and do not have the calloused hands of the MAN who knows his trade. PS hows the new path workin out?

September 22, 2010 at 10:20 a.m.

Patty Cakes

OK Tico, take you to task. Did my daughter make bad choices. YES. Twice. 6 years apart. She is on the move with a guy that I think is a good one. Engaged to be married next September. This guy is taking on 2 children 6 & 12, loves them to death & they him. Then there's me in the mix. He is doing his part, working out of town, covering everything, hard worker, good guy. I'm filling in the middle. BUT the 2 guys that are fathers, I swear if I had the stregnth I'd choke them. They feel so entitled to their fatherhood but not the responsibility. PC

September 22, 2010 at 9:39 a.m.

tico

all women aren't bitche.but I'll bet the bitches think all men are dead beats. thanks for the kick in the nuts.i was the one who went well beyond the expectation of the state. my ex and kids had any difficulty eliminated,and I did it on a working mans nickle. I paid A mechanic for emergency repairs,tires,redundantly,vacations so we could spend time together.all school needs each year,and christmas bulk.on top of 650. A month for 2. what a dead beat. it's such a pain in the ass being somewhere and listening to women complain,then lump all of us into one neat pile of crap. but then again,someones gotta be the blame for women with poor pickers. maybe the pickers intellegence quotient is low. my ex and I do laugh about that. she always says,she may lack some skills,but knowing men from bums is not one of them.

p.S.this was through the 90's.650 then was about 900 now.

« Back To Roofers Talk
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Construction Solutions - Banner Ad - What Do You Call It? (June 2023)
English
English
Español
Français

User Access

Leap - Sidebar - LeapPay - Feb 24
The GLO Group - Sidebar Ad - FEBRUARY Option2-Optimized
SRS - Sidebar Ad - SRS Para Latinos
SRS TopShield - Sidebar Ad - CraftGrade Independence
Owens Corning - Sidebar Ad - Buesiness Accelerator Roundtables
Project Map It - Side Bar - Digital Portfolio