The awards spotlight roofing industry professionals committed to the industry and excellence in roofing.
(Rosemont, Ill.) August 17, 2021 — The Roofing Alliance, celebrating 25 years as the foundation of the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA), has opened the nomination period for its 2021-22 Most Valuable Player (MVP) and Gold Circle Awards. The two programs spotlight and promote excellence in the industry with the MVP Awards Program recognizing workers committed to excellence on and off the roof and the Gold Circle Awards program recognizing Roofing Alliance and NRCA members for outstanding workmanship, innovation and safety in roofing.
The Roofing Alliance’s Most Valuable Player (MVP) Awards program recognizes workers who are outstanding employees contributing to their companies, co-workers and communities.
The award categories include:
· Outstanding On-the-Job Performance/Workmanship - Dedicated, reliable employees are vital to a company’s success and, among those employees, usually one stands out above all others. That’s the employee who 1) Has a strong work ethic, 2) Shows leadership, initiative and resourcefulness, 3) Has earned an outstanding safety record, 4) Shows support for his or her co-workers and 5) Goes above and beyond.
· Outstanding Performance/Other Noteworthy Contributions Outside the Workplace - Outstanding workers not only have a passion for the work they do and a sense of loyalty toward their employers, but they also show compassion for others outside the workplace. They volunteer their time with their communities, churches, families and friends. They are determined to overcome challenges and obstacles they may face personally or stand by others who need their support. They’re always willing to extend a helping hand. They display exemplary service, leadership, commitment and selfless devotion.
MVPs are role models who demonstrate work-related and personal goals to which others aspire. Roofing professionals are encouraged to nominate employees for an MVP award to recognize their outstanding contributions through on-the-job performance and workmanship and for their outstanding performance and other noteworthy contributions outside the workplace. In addition, one MVP winner will be chosen to be Professional Roofing’s and OMG Roofing Products, Inc.’s Best of the Best. The person selected as the Best of the Best typically stands out in both categories. Deadline for nominations is November 19, 2021. Applications and additional information can be found at www.roofingalliance.net/programs/mvp/.
Gold Circle Awards
The Roofing Alliance’s prestigious Gold Circle Awards program recognizes Roofing Alliance and NRCA members for outstanding professionalism, innovation, safety and workmanship in roofing. Unique roofing-related jobs (commercial or residential), programs and services completed between June 1, 2019, and May 31, 2021, are eligible. Roofing contractors are encouraged to submit their best work for a chance to earn this elite recognition. High-resolution photos of before, during and after are critical for a successful entry.
Roofing Alliance and NRCA members are nominated for contributions to the roofing industry in three categories:
· Outstanding Workmanship - Outstanding workmanship applies to steep-slope and low-slope projects that exceed standard roofing practices. Submitted projects must be unique, creative and useful.
· Innovative Solutions – A smart or unique solution to a problem; an environmentally friendly project; a unique software program/service specific to the roofing industry; or innovative equipment specifically designed for the roofing industry.
· Safety Preparedness and Performance - Safety is integral to a successful roofing project. Completed jobs that exemplified safety preparedness, execution and review are eligible for nomination.
All entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges within the roofing industry. The highest-ranking entries will determine the winner.
The deadline for Gold Circle Awards is October 22, 2021. Applications and additional information can be found at http://roofingalliance.net/gold-circle-awards-program/.
For more information on the MVP and Gold Circle awards plus information about the Roofing Alliance contact Bennett Judson, the Roofing Alliance’s executive director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.roofingalliance.net.